History of Releases
Download MyBible new and old releases
MyBible 4.6.1 - February 26, 2017
- Added support of bundling an initial set of modules and settings into the application. Builds with
bundled modules are available at https://mybible.zone/mybible.php.
- "OK"/"Cancel" buttons moved to the top right corner of the bookmark entry, bookmark category entry,
reading place entry, custom reading plan entry windows - for easier access to them when the virtual
keyboard is open.
- On closing of the Bookmark entry window with the "Back" hardware button, bookmark changes are saved
- In the cross references balloon, the same cross references from different modules are now grouped.
- Added Simplified Chinese localization.
- in the predefined themes, font sizes are increased a little and the style of words of Jesus is
- added the "MyBible compact" theme
- Maximum underline thickness increased from 5 to 10 pixels.
- Reverted the "faster indexing for search" change made for MyBible 4.6.0 - that was causing an incorrect
behavior of a case sensitive search.
- Prevented appearance of unexpected characters when highlighting search results in some cases.
- On the book selection screen, prevented activation of the landscape mode layout (11 columns)
in the portrait mode on small-screen phones.
- Fixed not finding of results when searching in Hungarian Bible translations with ignoring of accents
(all the translations will be re-indexed).
- Reading plan handling corrections:
- Self-restarting of a reading plan upon achieving of its end date is no longer performed.
- Any start date can be assigned now, including further in the past than a plan duration.
- Upon a reading plan completion, it is still shown on the Start Screen, with a status indicating
its completion - so that the user can appreciate the achievement and reset the plan beginning
- Correction to the Dictionary Lookup Algorithm to fix missing Strong numbers in the full list of
dictionary topics for a tapped word.
- Corrected the Dictionary Lookup Algorithm: in case if more than one topic is found for a word
in the current dictionary, shown the list of applicable topics only from the current dictionary.
Otherwise, shows the list of applicable topics from all the dictionaries.
- Empty table of subheadings (the "stories" table) in a Bible translation module is no longer treated as
presence of built-in subheadings.
- Fixed a problem of not cancelling windows synchronization in case if a cross reference is activated
in a Bible window that is currently assigned as a Bible hyperlink target.
- Prevented a number of crashes reported for MyBible 4.6.0.
MyBible 4.6.0 - February 11, 2017
- Appearance of the start screen, Bible position selection screens, main window headers, and buttons in
ancillary windows is touched to look somewhat cleaner.
- Added support of multi-window mode:
- Samsung and LG implementation of multi-window support
(restart your device after installing of this version to see MyBible in the multi-window
- Native support of multi-window in Android 7.0 and above.
- Pinch-to-zoom in the Bible window:
- To scale all font sizes at once, start a pinch gesture
and hold it for about a second to enter the zooming mode.
- You can turn this feature off in the Navigation settings.
- Dictionaries support improvements:
- Search in dictionaries is now much faster, due to a new indexing approach.
- The process of dictionaries re-indexing is now performed in the to background; MyBible can be
normally used while dictionaries are getting re-indexed.
- Search in dictionaries is now more precise - takes into account the upper/lower case and accents
in the shown list of topics.
- Introduced a classification of dictionaries which provides for a more intuitive and helpful
selection/displaying of dictionary topics depending on the current dictionary (that is,
a dictionary explicitly selected by the user in the dictionary window).
- When showing a list of dictionary topics for a clicked word, MyBible now also shows dictionary
abbreviations and allows handy selection of a dictionary to show an article from.
- Settings related to Bible words acting as hyperlinks have been simplified and clarified.
- Added a setting "Copy tapped word to Clipboard".
- Added a setting "Show topics from lexicon modules in the list when performing dictionary
- A word being looked up is getting automatically copied to Clipboard.
- The current dictionary (explicitly selected by the user) is marked by a bullet at the end of its
abbreviation in the dictionary window and in the dictionary balloon, and can be selected also
from the dictionary balloon, via the dictionary abbreviation hyperlink.
- The setting "Show Strong's numbers" in the "Show" submenu became much more helpful now,
because on the second tab of settings, in the "Dictionaries" group, added a possibility
of replacing the shown Strong's numbers with pieces of brief information about them from
the current Strong's lexicon.
- Strong's number usage and cognate Strong's numbers:
- Cognate Strong's numbers are shown at the end of a Strong's lexicon article.
Added a setting to turn this off if not desired.
- Strong's number usage window is improved:
- You can now call the Strong's number usage window from a Strong's lexicon
article balloon - by tapping the Strong's number in the header there.
- Added summary information on translation words used for the specified Strong's
number(s). Using that summary, you can refine your search by tapping
a particular word used the Bible translation for a Strong's number.
- Added a possibility to change the Bible translation to search in,
directly in this window.
- You can enter several Strong's numbers to search for their usage at once
(space-separated). You have a choice: to search for verses containing all the entered
Strong\'s numbers or to search for any of the entered Strong\'s numbers in a verse.
- When entering several Strong's numbers to search for their usage,
there is a possibility to automatically enter all the cognate Strong's numbers for the
first entered Strong's number.
- Added the "Strong's number usage" tip.
- Search screen:
- Added a button to search in several Bible translations. Long touch on this button
allows to select whether to search in Bible translations in the same language
as the current Bible translation, or to search in all the downloaded Bible translations.
- Triple dot is added to the "Search" button on the "Search" screen,
to indicate that a search history is available on a long touch.
- When a search in the Bible text returns nothing, a hint is shown to change search settings.
- Commentary hyperlinks in the Bible text made flexibly configurable - see the new usage tip.
- MyBible now supports a system of notes instead of a single note per profile - see the "Notes Window"
- Balloon improvements:
- When a balloon is shown, the buttons "Back" and "Forward" in the Bible window header
are disabled, to avoid confusion of the "Back" button in the header with the similarly-looking
"Back" button under the balloon.
- Balloon is no longer closed on the device rotation.
- Cross references balloon is no longer closed when a cross reference opens the second window
to follow a hyperlink while the device is in landscape orientation.
- After following a hyperlink in a balloon from a commentary to a dictionary article,
you can now come back to a commentary using the "Back" button under the balloon
(such a coming back was only working between dictionary articles).
- Bible references (hyperlinks) improvements:
- On the third tab of settings, the "Navigation" section, there is an altered setting
"Open references to the Bible in a dedicated Bible window...". Also, there now is a possibility
to assign any Bible window for opening references to the Bible (previously this was fixed
to the second Bible window). See the updated usage tip on the window control button.
- On the third tab of settings, the "Navigation" section, added a setting to open references
to the Bible from the Notes window always in the first Bible window.
- A hyperlink to a cross references balloon now shows how many of the hyperlinks in the balloon
are user-defined (if there are any, the number of them is shown in subscript digits after the
total number of hyperlinks in the balloon).
- On the second tab of settings, "Verse copying and sharing" group, added an option
"Shortened reference by itself".
- A confirmation message is added when un-selecting a reading plan while the reading plans
progress tracking is turned on - to prevent an accidental clearing of a reading plan progress.
- In the Bible window header added a "Next translation" button that switches between Bible translations
selected for quick access.
- Per request from a user, the maximum TTS speed is increased form 2.0 to 4.0.
- Long touch on the TTS speed control buttons changes the speed by 0.5, while regular touch still
changes the speed by 0.05.
- The "Themes" menu item is renamed to "Themes: styles & sizes", to clarify what it is for.
- When sending a module defect notification to the MyBible team, the subheadings are always
included now, along with their module abbreviations.
- Application's icon:
- Prevented an unexpected appearance of the MyBible icon without a cross on Android 7 devices.
- From the "About" text removed mentioning of the MoreLocale 2 application as means
to affect MyBible's icon (because the recommendation was not easily doable on new Android
- Updated a description regarding the application's icon in the "About" text: the icon without
cross is now applicable to Kyrgyz/Kyrgyzstan, Tajik/Tajikistan, and Arabic.
- In the "Remarks" window remarks are now shown in a context of a verse where they are placed.
- In the Bible window action mode, the leftmost button (that allows to select a concrete mode)
is updated to demonstrate the vertical triple dot, thus inviting to press it for a menu of modes.
- In the Bible window header added the "Night mode" configurable button.
- In the Book & position selection window, in the chapter and verse entry fields the
maximum chapter and verse number is shown to assist the positioning.
- Updated the "MyBible original" theme to have a bit bigger default text sizes.
- Supported messages from the MyBible team to the users.
- An application crash report to the developer is made more informative.
- In the "Modules" window added a check for availability of the MyBible modules repository;
an advice to wait or to download modules manually is given if there is a problem.
- Removed the "Experimental settings" tab, as not needed (a confusing setting "Creative reading"
- Prevented highlighting/underlining of commentaries hyperlinks and cross reference balloon hyperlinks.
- Prevented simultaneous showing of the remark balloon and some other balloon.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect placing of a commentary hyperlink in case if a linked commentary
is related to a range of verses that crosses a chapter boundary.
- Fixed a problem with the Search not finding words containing a single quote in them (reported for
searching of a Ukrainian word "iм'я").
- Fixed a problem with unexpected replacing of a user-selected translation in a Bible window,
when more than one Bible window is open and the user employs navigation history controls.
- Fixed a problem with possible showing of additional (unsupported) tags for a selected verse
in the "References" window (could have happened for custom-made modules containing additional tags
which are not directly supported by MyBible).
- Fixed a problem with unexpected resetting of a reading plan beginning and progress when
scrolling across a reading plan fragment end.
- When switching the data directory to another one from the third tab of settings,
the switching is made complete.
- Fixes of the "Modules" window:
- Fixed a problem with indefinite "Loading..." message when the "Modules" window was opened
right away after the MyBible startup.
- When the user stops downloading of a module, the module status is updated correctly (was
remaining in the intermediate state).
- Line breaks specified in a Bible module are now processed even if the "paragraphs and indents"
setting in the "Show" submenu is unchecked.
- Fixed a problem with possible losing of MyBible bookmarks when they are transferred onto another
device with a different time displaying format specified on it.
- Fixed action of Bible hyperlinks to Psalms activated in the balloon
(did not handle the Russian/English numbering differences correctly).
- Fixed retrieving of cross references in the "References" window for Psalms - was showing an empty
list in some cases.
- Fixed a problem when MyBible, if searching for highlighted words only, was considering all the words
highlighted in a Bible translation where no highlighting was ever applied.
- Fixed a problem with counting the number of verses in a user-defined reading plan
(verses in the last chapter of a book were not counted).
- When auto-creating Bible hyperlinks in notes, bookmarks, remarks, full book names are more reliably
recognized now, including the ones with a space-separated digit at front (e.g. 1 Corinthians).
- Fixed a problem of a missing space where an indent is specified within a verse while showing of
paragraphs and indents is turned off. Example: RST+, Am 7:8.
- Clarified the message shown in red when the Bible text cannot be shown.
- When auto-updating modules, removed calculating an auto-updating probability of 25%
introduced in MyBible 4.5.4 to stretch a peak loading to the modules repository.
- Corrected displaying of reading plan items referring to books having different Russian and English
numbering, like PS-p referring to all the Psalms in English numbering.
- "Reading plans" menu item is now enabled even if there are no downloaded reading plans,
so that the user can create his custom reading plans, or be reminded when trying to select a reading
plan that plans should be downloaded.
- Fixed a problem of showing on the bookmarks side panel an incorrect text of bookmarked verses for
bookmarks placed on books having different Russian and English numbering, e.g. Psalms.
- Corrected merging of two bookmark sets, so that bookmarks are considered identical (and thus not merged)
not only by description (as it was), but also by the category and Bible position assigned.
- When the theme item "Control buttons -> Highlight book selection with colors" is not checked,
Old Testament books are shown in the color specified by the theme element "Lists -> Color of ancillary
text in lists", thus making the Old Testament books easily distinguishable from the New Testament books.
- In the list of bookmarks and in other lists where filtering by a text fragment is possible, a new line
entered in the text is shown as a new line in the list.
- Synchronization of windows is automatically turned on when closing a Bible window only if it was
automatically turned off on opening an additional (dedicated) window to show a particular Bible
- Updating of a Bible translation module no longer affects searching in the currently present version of
that Bible translation (switching to the updated module is performed seamlessly).
- Corrected a number of crash problems reported for MyBible 4.5.1-4.5.4.
MyBible 4.5.4 - Dec 8, 2016
- Fixed a problem with not displaying downloadable modules not connected to a
particular language: reading
plans, cross references.
- When auto-updating modules, an updated module is taken with a probability of 25%
(to stretch a peak loading to the modules repository).
- Fixed several reported crashes.
MyBible 4.5.3 - Dec 7, 2016
- Fixed an crash upon entry into the Modules window after a fresh installation
(the crash is accidentally brought into MyBible 4.5.2).
MyBible 4.5.2 - Dec 7, 2016
- Reworked from using a single repository of modules to supporting
several instances of the repository of modules. As the result,
blocking of a repository by its hosting company (e.g. due to exceeding a traffic
quota) no longer blocks downloading of modules in MyBible.
MyBible 4.5.1 - May 3, 2016
- Added support of hyperlinks to dictionary articles from commentaries.
- For devices connected to a mobile network in Tajikistan, an icon without a cross is provided.
- Added Portuguese MyBible localization.
- MyBible version number information is added to the Splash Screen.
- Fixed retrieving of cross references for Psalms existed in the version 4.5.0:
when the Russian numbering of Psalms was used, cross references from the OBX module in the version 4.5.0
were retrieved incorrectly (for another verse).
- Fixed a number of places in the code and in the Arabic localization that could have caused
crashes when running on a device with Arabic localization.
- Fixed an unexpected closing of a cross references balloon after clicking a hyperlink in it in some
- Corrected action of a commentary hyperlink in a commentary balloon: a hyperlinked commentary
is no longer open in the commentary window but in the commentary balloon, with a possibility to
go back to an initial commentary opened in the balloon by activating a commentary hyperlink in the
- Fixed a problem with a balloon's pointer that was not drawn smoothly in some cases.
- "Modules" window:
- Eliminated a couple of crash causes.
- Selected modules and a current position in the list are no longer lost on the device's screen
- Balloons and touch action:
- Prevented unexpected closing of balloons when they are opened in several windows
and the user scrolls a text in a Bible window.
- A touch on a balloon makes active a Bible window where the balloon is located.
- Prevented freezing of the user interface on rotation of the screen and rotation back
immediately after the screen orientation change.
- Prevented appearance of the unused stripe of the screen area at the bottom after closing of a window
or a balloon in which a text was selected, and thus the edit toolbar was shown.
- Corrected positioning of a bookmark popup in case if the Notes window is shown.
- Fixed omissions in files synchronization between devices: added missing checking for external updates
for the Bible text markup and for custom cross references.
- Supported usage of an apostrophe in a module abbreviation.
- Fixed several places causing crashes, as it was reported for MyBible 4.5.0.
- For editing of reading places, corrected operation of the "Current book" option.
- When another Bible translation is selected in a Bible window, the balloon in the window gets closed
(as it can be inapplicable or misplaced in a selected Bible translation).
- Prevented a small Bible text scrolling delay on reaching the end of a marked reading plan portion.
MyBible 4.5.0 - April 9, 2016
- Added splash screen at startup.
- Cross references improvements:
- Previously built-in cross references have been extracted into a downloadable cross references
- Cross references to be displayed in the "References for a verse" window and in the Bible
text are independently configurable now from the action bar in the "References for a verse"
- In the "References for a verse" window a source cross references module is indicated for every
shown cross reference.
- Added a possibility to create user-defined additional cross references:
- When some Bible verse(s) selected, there is a new button "Add cross reference" in the
Bible window header, which brings up the "Custom x-refs" popup.
- You can define a cross reference of your own by long-touching verses that are to become
sides of a cross reference. The bright underline in the "Custom x-refs" popup indicates
which side of a cross reference will be defined when you long-touch a verse.
- Appearance of user-defined cross references and of downloaded cross references
can be configured in the "Theme" window independently.
- In Bible translations with not all Bible books present, cross references to not present books
are no longer hidden. If such a cross reference is activated, MyBible switches to a Bible
translation that was last used to see the text of a book a cross reference points to.
- Added a setting in the "Show" submenu to show cross references in a popup. This way only
a cross references presence indicator is shown in the Bible text instead of cross references
themselves. A cross references popup is then shown on a double-touch of a cross references
- Reading plans improvement:
- The "Track reading plans" option in the "Reading Plans" window
helps you not to rush in case if you did not do the reading during some day(s),
and allows you to read ahead of a plan if desired.
MyBible will remind you what exactly this option does when you check/uncheck it.
- A reading plan item is getting marked as completed after you scroll it so that its end is
fully visible on the screen.
- Added support of custom reading plans. If you want MyBible to help you read certain Bible books
in a certain number of days, add a custom reading plan by touching the "+"
in the "Reading Plans" window header.
- On the Start Screen, a long touch on a reading plan item re-highlights the reading plan item
by the vertical bar on the right, but does NOT jump to the reading plan item beginning if a
current position is already within the reading plan item.
- In the "Reading plans" window added a possibility to "Move this to today" for an item
of a shown reading plan, achieved by moving a start date of this reading plan.
- Subheadings improvements:
- Added support of subheadings with hyperlinks in them:
- Added the "Links-s" subheadings module with links to parallel passages in the New
Testament (this subheadings module is suitable for any language).
- Added two new theme elements: "Subheading - hyperlink" and "Subheading with
- Subheading settings are moved from the "Settings" window to the "Subheadings" window,
for a better convenience of these settings manipulation. You can still get to subheading
from the "Settings" window.
- Added a subheading setting "Subheadings built-in to a Bible translation
replace all the other subheadings".
- Added a possibility to flexibly configure a set of subheadings to be shown for each language
of Bible translations.
- Search functionality improvements:
- By default, the search functionality now looks for entered words or fragments of words
in an arbitrary order.
- Added the search setting "Search entered words in an arbitrary order, if special characters like
& | ~ are not entered" (controlling the behavior change specified above).
- In the "Search" window on the virtual keyboard added the "Search" button. This prevented
the search text entry field to from wrapping the text, so the buttons on the search screen are
rearranged to give more horizontal room to the search text entry field.
- Commentaries functionality improvements:
- Added a possibility to have links to commentaries directly in the Bible text:
- Added a new setting in the "Show" submenu, "commentary links".
- Links in the Bible text are for the last commentaries module selected in the
first commentaries window. Note that you can also select the commentaries module
to use for hyperlinks by long touching the "Commentaries window" button in the
Bible window header.
- To the two existed commentaries displaying modes added the third one, so now there are three
commentaries displaying modes selectable using buttons in the commentaries window header:
- Show commentaries relevant to the current verse. Note that the semantics is corrected
in this display mode: a commentary for a range of verses is now shown
not for the first verse in a range as it was before but for the last verse in a range.
The rationale for this is to maintain the MyBible's principle "The Scripture comes
first, an ancillary material comes second". I.e. a commentary is not "forced" onto a
reader until they have actually read all the Bible verses in a commented range.
- Show commentaries relevant to the current fragment. These are all the commentaries
that overlap the current verse by their applicability range.
- Show commentaries relevant to the current verse.
- Theme element "Footnote marker" is renamed to "Footnote and commentary hyperlink".
- In the theme element "Ancillary windows" added a setting for size of the
- Favorites allow you to easily mark a dictionary article, a commentary article,
or a daily reading article as your favorite, for a quick access to them later.
- Favorites previously existed for Daily Devotions, now extended to dictionaries and
commentaries, and improved.
- See the (new) usage tip on favorites.
- Balloon usage improvements:
- Not only footnotes, but also commentaries, dictionary articles, Strong's lexicon articles
can now be shown in a balloon.
- A text shown in a balloon can be sent to the corresponding special window with a button click.
- There are new settings for this on the third tab of settings, in the "Balloon usage" group.
- Text To Speech (TTS) improvements:
- TTS support is added to the Commentaries, Daily Devotions, Dictionaries windows.
- When commentary links are shown directly in the Bible text, and opening of commentaries
in a balloon is specified in the settings, the TTS of the Bible text automatically
opens and speaks commentaries as it reaches links to them. The commentaries are
being spoken with a voice of a higher pitch, so that it is possible to tell apart by
the voice whether you are listening to the Bible text or to commentaries.
- In the Bible text, the TTS now also speaks chapter numbers, if they are shown.
- Scroll on touch improvements:
- The settings on scrolling by a single verse, that used to exist for volume buttons only,
are now also applied to scrolling by touch.
- The scroll on touch settings are re-arranged for clarity.
- The scroll on touch settings for screen quarters are updated to have only "Scroll Up", "Scroll
Down", and "None" (selection of scrolling by page or by verse is now done by other settings).
- Added a group of settings "Ancillary window touch action".
- Added a setting "Scroll by touch" for ancillary windows, turned off by default.
- Modules window improvements:
- Once information on the available modules is requested from the MyBible repository,
it is cached locally, so that opening of the Modules window is quick. This information
is still being requested from the MyBible repository on the background, so that the list
of modules is up-to-date.
- Added a possibility of modules filtering by their language.
- Added a possibility of modules filtering by user-entered fragment of an abbreviation, or
description, or detailed information.
- The action of an automatic link to a Bible place from a remark takes into account the setting
"Open cross references in the second window".
- In the Main Menu and in the headers of windows, the items which react to a long touch
now have icons with an ellipsis (or a star) in the lower-right corner.
This will remind you that some additional functionality can be called there by a long touch,
which could save you a few seconds occasionally.
- In the numeric buttons for selection of chapter and verse, the "0" button is moved
from the very left position to the very right, to better resemble the standard keyboard.
- Color selection for bookmark categories:
- a color order number is now shown on top of a color itself
- for available colors, the number of their usages in bookmark categories is shown
- The "Verse in different translations" functionality can now be used not just for one but for several
- Commentaries, dictionaries, daily devotionals are no linger hidden in the "Modules" window in the
Simplified mode. On an attempt to download them, a confirmation to switch to the Full Mode is shown.
- Applicable book selection for reading places is made flexible.
- Filtering of items in the list by a user-entered text
(for remarks, bookmarks, subheadings, favorite items) is made more useful: if the user has entered
there several space-separated words, filtering looks for corresponding text fragments in any order.
- Application icon without the cross is provided for Kyrgyz localization of the device.
- Showing of the Bible text on the application start and on opening of another Bible place
is made visually quicker (similar to what is was in MyBible 4.3.2).
- Inconsistently missing "Back" button is added to the headers of the Bookmarks window and the Settings
- When the user deletes an additional local module (marked with "+"), the module is now being removed from
the list of modules (before it was staying in the list with a zero size).
- When there is some selected text in an ancillary window (Commentaries, Dictionary, Daily Devotion), a
touch on the text lo longer causes a content scroll (because a scroll in this situation was rather
- Prevented a repeated checking of modules updates on the same day.
- In the Search window, corrected appearance of the button and indication to search for
- Prevented appearance of the <br> tag in a text copied from an ancillary window (this was happening
on some devices).
- Removed no longer needed re-loading of Bible windows on switching a dictionary window between the
Strong's Lexicon Mode and Dictionary Mode - this has improved the switching time.
- Fixed sometimes appearing incorrect commentary scroll position on auto-synchronization of the Bible text
position and a corresponding commentary article.
- When entering a chapter or a verse number to proceed to, a quick tap on a numeric button twice
is now recognized as the same digit two times (a quick second tap was ignored before).
- Line feeds entered into remarks are kept after remarks re-opening (in the previous version line feeds
were replaced with spaces).
- Fixed a problem with long starting of MyBible in case if the current place was the pre-last Psalm.
- Fixed a problem with handling of the screen timeout, when the screen timeout set in MyBible settings
was propagated to the system level.
- In the "Subheadings" and "Remarks" screen, entered text to filter by now works ignoring accents,
i.e. you can enter there a text without accents and its forms with accents will also be
- Support of hyperlinks to the Internet has been added for the Bible text introductions.
- Fixed action of a chapter/verse hyperlink at the beginning of commentaries text (was not working
on some devices).
- When paragraphs and indents are shown, several consecutive verses in the same paragraph,
having an indent, are no longer shown each on a new line, but compose a continuous paragraph
(e.g. RST+, 2Тим 2:11-13, Иоиль 1:1-2).
- Prevented a crash on quick clicking several times of the words highlighting option button in the
- Opening of Internet links from the "About" page is now being redirected to an external browser.
- Fixed TTS for Chinese modules.
- Prevented stopping of TTS when it meets a double quote followed by a period.
- Fixed a problem with entering the action mode with two and three fingers long touch
which did not work in the second and third Bible window.
- When both settings "A word acts like a hyperlink to a dictionary" and
"When Strong's numbers are NOT shown, a word acts like a hyperlink to a Strong's number" are set,
touching of a word in a Bible translation without Strong's numbers now opens the dictionary
article (was doing nothing for Bible translation without Strong's numbers).
- Auto-hyperlinks in the Notes window, in a bookmark description, in a remark now interpret
a comma and a semicolon differently: the following text: "Mat 5:7,9;12" now means
the following 3 hyperlinks: Mat 5:7, Mat 5:9, Mat 12:1.
- Fixed automatic updating of Bible modules that come with footnotes, e.g. NRT.
MyBible 4.4.3 - January 15, 2016
- Added Romanian localization.
MyBible 4.4.2 - October 6, 2015
- Fixed a crash (happening in C code below Android API) when trying to open a hyperlink in the
- Fixed a crash in case if bookmarks file was deleted or damaged from outside of MyBible.
- Fixed a crash on opening a dictionary article from the dictionary articles lookup tool (from the list of
articles found in dictionaries).
- Fixed a detected crash when showing all topics from a dictionary. When reviewing all topics in a
particular dictionary, a dictionary is now taken from a corresponding dictionary window (before was
always taken from the first dictionary window).
- A single dictionary window automatically switches between the Strong's lexicon mode and the dictionary
mode as the user clicks words with and without Strong's numbers behind them (was sticking to the
dictionary mode once a word without a Strong's number behind it was clicked).
- Fixed a reported crash on trying to select a range of verses with a long touch, on Android 2.x.
- Prevented crash in the Modules window in case if modules update acknowledge dates configuration file
(/MyBible/user/settings/-modules_update_acknowledge_dates.json) was damaged (by means external to
- In the cross references for a verse window, expanding of a several-verse cross reference is fixed when
in some cases it was not actually showing additional verses.
- Fixed a problem with a touch on hyperlink in the Dictionary window causing scrolling by a page rather
than a hyperlink activation (this problem existed only on some devices, e.g. HTC Desire 310).
MyBible 4.4.1 - October 4, 2015
- Prevented a crash on clicking a Strong's number when a dictionary topic (not a Strong's lexicon item) is
shown in the Dictionary window.
- Prevented a couple of crashes reported while running on different devices.
MyBible 4.4.0 - October 3, 2015
- Bible translations in languages, for which there is no 2-letter language code in Android, are now
grouped in the "Modules" window by the territory where they are mostly used, e.g. "Brazil", "India",
"Egypt" - instead of a single previously existed group "Small languages".
- Provided support for separation of Traditional and Simplified Chinese modules.
- Added support of footnotes in a Bible translation.
- Footnote markers can now be present in a Bible translation, which act as hyperlinks, opening a
corresponding footnote in a special balloon.
- Footnotes are being stored in a special commentaries module, which has the same abbreviation as
a translation module, and is being downloaded automatically together with a translation.
- There is a setting to open all footnotes for the visible text in the commentaries window instead
of showing a balloon with a clicked footnote.
- Russian Bible translation modules with footnotes:
- English Bible translation module with footnotes:
- Armenian Bible translation module with footnotes:
- Greek Bible translation modules with footnotes:
- Czech Bible translation modules with footnotes:
- Chinese Bible translations with footnotes:
- traditional - CNET
- simplified - CNETS
- Provided an alternative way of selecting a chapter and verse number when navigating - by convenient
entering of their numbers instead of picking them from a table of pre-populated numbers. Switching
between the new and old way of selecting a chapter and verse is available in the header of the book
- Introduced the Simplified Mode:
- when you start MyBible for the first time, it opens in the Simplified Mode, so that you
can get used to the application without being overwhelmed with all the Bible study possibilities
- only basic Bible reading, navigation, and bookmarking
- special gestures support turned off
- Strong numbers, commentaries, dictionaries, daily devotions, Text-to-Speech support hidden
- You can activate Full Mode from the Main Menu; Settings allow switching between Full Mode and
- Added support of introduction texts for Bible modules:
- Overall introduction is added to several Bible modules: SBLGNT+, ...
- Overall introduction is accessible in two ways:
- touching the new configurable button "i" in the Bible window header
- double-touching the "Introduction" word at the beginning of any book
- Introductions for particular books can also be provided in a Bible module; name of a book having
an introduction is shown in underlined font.
- Introduction for a book is accessible in two ways:
- long-touching the button "i" in the Bible window header
- double-touching the book name
- The introduction popup has two states: half-window and full-window; the first case lets you
browse an introduction while continuing reading the Bible text.
- Greek translations with introductions:
- Added Bible text view mode with no numbering, for better submerging into the text. For that, in the
"Show" submenu added the following items:
- chapters numbering
- verses numbering
- Added support of Bible translations with verses grouped into paragraphs.
- There are new settings in the "Margins and spaces" theme element.
- Several Bible translation modules group verses into paragraphs. Greek: SBLGNT+
- There is a new setting in the "Show" submenu to turn off verses grouping into paragraphs.
- The Action Mode button, the leftmost one in the Bible window header, which is shown after the Bible text
long touch, is made mode user-friendly:
- the Action Mode button is made wider
- the Action Mode button, after it is shown, blinks twice to draw the user's attention to itself
- the dropdown list of possible actions, opened by the Action Mode button, is provided with
textual descriptions for all the actions
- A long touch with one finger, a long touch with two fingers, and a long touch with three fingers on the
Bible text activate different initial action modes. This way you can have a quicker access to three
different action modes, say, a single-finger long touch for verses selection, a two-finger long touch
for words highlighting, and a three-finger long touch for a remark insertion.
- Verses selection improvement:
- long-touch on the Bible text starts verses selection, as it was before (selects the long-touched
- in the verses selection mode, a simple touch selects/unselects a touched verse
- in the verses selection mode, a long touch on a NOT SELECTED verse selects a range of verses
from the previously selected verse to the long-touched verse (this helps to select an entire
chapter, if desired)
- in the verses selection mode, a long touch on a SELECTED verse unselect a touched verse and all
selected verses adjacent to it
- When downloading a module, the indexing stage that is automatically performed after the module
downloading is completed is now explicitly indicated for a module, so that the user does not think that
the downloading process has stuck and/or keeps eating traffic for no use.
- Provided popup tips for all buttons in the main window:
- Popup tips can be shown by pointing (not touching) S-Pen to a button on Samsung devices equipped
- Tips can also be shown on mouse hovering over a button - if a mouse is connected to the device,
or when MyBible is used on a PC or Mac (see mybible.zone on how to run MyBible on a PC or Mac).
- Maintaining of the navigation history is improved, to ensure that exact jump locations are preserved:
- the exact position after a jump stays in the navigation history
- scrolling after a jump results in an additional entry in the navigation history
- "Search" functionality improvements:
- Added a possibility to search for verses containing words highlighting/underlining.
- In the search results, words are shown underlined that are highlighted/underlined in a Bible
- To the header of activities added the standard "Back" button.
- Automatically created hyperlinks to Bible places are now shown in the remark popup and the bookmark
- In the Strong's number usage search window:
- provided an option to copy selected verses
- scroll position is remembered for last 50 Strong's numbers for which this window was called
- In the dictionary lookup window added a possibility to see all the topics available in the current
- Refined action of words as hyperlinks:
- If a word has two Strong's numbers following it, a word hyperlink activation shows the first
Strong's number in the Dictionary window (was showing the second one).
- If a word has no Strong's number, prevented showing of the previous word's Strong's number on a
word hyperlink activation.
- Added a setting "If there is no Strong's number on a word, a word acts like a hyperlink to a
dictionary (works with downloaded dictionaries)". This setting is set by default, keeping the
behavior of MyBible 4.3.0-4.3.2. Unchecking this setting prevents showing dictionary topics if
only Strong's lexicon topics are desired in the Dictionary window.
- In the navigation history dropdown list added the "Last references" item that reopens the cross
references window in its last used state (for the same verse, with the same scrolling position of the
- Verses copying and sharing:
- Added a setting "Enclose cited text into quotes" (turned on by default).
- Added a setting "Copy ancillary information (subheadings, cross references)" (turned off by
- When morphology information is shown in the Strong's lexicon window, provided a hyperlink to dedicated
Strong's lexicon topic describing that morphological form, if applicable. Note: the Russian Strong
Lexicon module "Стронг" has been updated with data needed for this.
- On the second tab of settings, removed settings that are more conveniently available via the "Show"
- Provided settings to control the volume buttons action (page scroll or single verse scroll) in different
- When subheadings are opened from the Menu, a subheading closest to the current Bible position is
- Text justification is improved.
- Added confirmation for remark deletion.
- Opening a word in the Dictionary window is accelerated, especially for the first access to the
- Navigation history is now being stored between sessions for the Strong's lexicon window and for the
- In the half-screen Notes window a button is added to expand the window full screen.
- Popup colors are updated and are configurable in the "Ancillary windows" theme element.
- Search history size is limited by 30 entries.
- Improved the "Reading places" window behavior: go there on an item click, long-touch to edit reading
- When sharing text from a dictionary article, commentary, devotions, a module abbreviation is provided,
for better indication of the text origin.
- Switching of MyBible data directory to SD card on Android 4.4.2 or a newer version is provided with a
warning that the functionality will be limited then (as SD card is read-only for 3rd party applications
on Android 4.4.2+).
- On the 3rd tab of settings, at the end, provided a hint on moving MyBible data to the SD card on Android
- Scroll position of several last viewed articles is now preserved stored for dictionaries, commentaries,
devotions, even if a corresponding window was closed and re-opened.
- Creation timestamp and and updating timestamp in bookmarks now have a one-second precision, which
provides for sorting of bookmarks in the exact order of their creation during the same day.
- Format of all the MyBible configuration files is changed from XML to JSON, in order to speed up loading
and saving of configuration data. Conversion of each configuration file is performed automatically, on
the first access to it.
- Added MyBible localizations:
- Eliminated a previously observed delay with adjustment of header buttons upon appearance of windows.
- In order to address the complaint on impossibility to normally enter a notes text using SwiftKey, added
the following setting, on the second tab of settings, "Notes" group:
"Mark hyperlinks to verses in
Notes window as you type (uncheck this if you use SwiftKey or a similar keyboard improvement software)".
- Remarks being entered no longer disappear on the device rotation.
- A remark attached to a verse number is now visible and clickable/editable (was hidden and only
accessible via the "Remarks" menu item).
- Fixed manual searching in dictionaries ignoring accents.
- Strong numbers navigation history in the Dictionary window no longer changes the currently selected
- Verses copying settings are now applied to the Search window and to the Cross References window.
- Fixed a problem with occasional incomplete page scrolling on screen touch after highlighting or
underlining of some text.
- In the "References" window, a subject verse can no longer take more than 1/5 of the screen area (it is
scrollable if it does not fit).
- Fixed a bug with incorrect elimination of redundant cross references for the "References" window (not
all defined cross references were shown).
- When usage tips are accessed for the first time on a device, their showing starts in the "All tips"
category. The "New tips" category is automatically selected after the application update only if the
user has manually selected the "New tips" category at least once before.
- Fixed a problem with not carrying on a new line very long words, e.g. TNH5, Isa 9:4, the name
- Fixed handling of hyperlinks from English commentaries to a Russian Bible translation, where numbering
does not match (Psalms).
- Landscape and portrait orientation locking flags are made a part of a profile.
MyBible 4.3.2 - May 21, 2015
- French localization is updated, with "bookmark" and "highlight" terms translations corrected to conform
the current trend.
- Fixed a crash when entering notes on Android 4.2.2.
- Restored compatibility of MyBible with Android 2.1-2.2 (was crashing on an attempt to download a Bible
translation module or to search in the Bible text, and in some other places).
MyBible 4.3.1 - May 18, 2015
- Prevented a crash on startup in some cases when a reading places file from the previous MyBible version
was present on the device.
- Small corrections to Arabic localization.
MyBible 4.3.0 - May 16, 2015
- Added "Text to Speech" functionality - an additional action mode when a verse is long-touched.
- Added support of dictionaries.
- Provided for downloading Biblical dictionaries in several languages.
- Added a set of settings on the third tab, captioned "Action of Bible words as hyperlinks".
- Dictionary window can now be switched between the "Strong's lexicon mode" and "dictionary mode".
- In "word dictionary mode", the topic selection button in the dictionary window header calls a
dictionary lookup tool.
- For a single selected verse added the button to show dictionary topics explicitly referencing
- Added "Commentaries for a verse" functionality, available when a single verse is selected, and also
available from the Commentaries window header.
- Search improvements:
- Supported search in Bible translation having accents and similar characters, when a sought text
is entered without accents (important for searching in Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, even Spanish,
etc.) - turned on by default, can be turned off from the search settings.
- Eliminated a confusing case sensitivity-related search setting. As the result, case-insensitive
search and combining of sought fragments by & and | is now available on any device.
- Notes window improvements, to make it more helpful for preparing and following lesson or sermon notes:
- References to Bible positions are automatically becoming hyperlinks to corresponding Bible
Note: book abbreviations from references are being searched in the currently open
Bible translation(s), so, for example, English book abbreviations will not become hyperlinks if
a Russian Bible translation is open.
- Notes window can be made read-only using a button in the header, so that prepared notes cannot
be accidentally deleted, and clicking on a hyperlink in notes does not cause the virtual
keyboard to appear (and obscure Bible windows).
- Usage Tips improvements:
- Provided several thematic, selectable subsets of usage tips, including new usage tips (which is
a default subset).
- Supported searching in usage tips by a user-entered fragment (word).
- Improvements of configurable buttons in headers:
- The order and presence of action buttons for selected verses in the Bible window is now
configurable, as well as buttons in all the ancillary windows.
- Configuring of buttons in all headers is placed onto a separate new tab of Settings.
- Vertical fling on a shown configurable button opens a dropdown list of the remaining
configurable buttons that did not fit the header.
- Provided a way to reset configurable buttons to their initial state.
- In Commentaries, Dictionaries, Daily Devotions added the "Share selected fragment / report a module
defect" button (long touch to report a module defect).
- Startup time is reduced by 0.5-1 second.
- Added an option to show/hide explanations built-in to the Bible text.
- Navigation history:
- Provided a configurable header button "Navigation history".
- Long touch on the "Navigate back" and "Navigate forward" menu items shows navigation history (as
well as long touch on the "Back" and "Forward" Bible window header buttons, which was already
working in previous versions).
- Reading places:
- Each profile now has its own set of reading places.
- Reading places created with a previous version of MyBible are taken to the currently active
profile during the first start of the new MyBible version.
- In settings, at the end of the second tab, provided the option "Automatically copy selected verses to
clipboard when creating bookmarks and sharing verses".
- Improved commentaries handling when windows synchronization is turned off:
- Opening a commentaries window in this case positions the commentaries to the current place in
the Bible window.
- The button to do one-time synchronization with the current position in the active Bible window
is shown in the commentaries window header in this case.
- Added support of quotation indents (to mark Old Testament quotations in the New Testament, as it is done
in some printed Bible versions).
- Modules update acknowledge dates are moved from the settings (profiles) to a separate single file:
yellow highlighting is now the same for all the profiles, and a profile loading/saving time is improved
- When a filter is entered for bookmarks, it is no longer cleared on closing of the Bookmarks window.
- In themes, the "Lists" theme element, provided a setting to control font size of dropdown lists.
- When more than one Bible window is open and no other windows, the "Back" button press closes the last
- In the window showing cross references for a verse added a possibility to copy verses to Clipboard.
- Windows synchronization is automatically turned back on when closing the second Bible window after it
was automatically opened to show a cross reference.
- Added Latvian localization.
- Fixed unexpected clearing of previous search results, accidentally made in MyBible 4.2.1. When returning
to the Search window, the already found results of the previous search are now shown again, scrolled to
to last scroll position.
- Fixed a problem with overlapping Hebrew/Arabic (any right-to-left) words in the Bible text in case if
the line justification setting is on.
- When another profile is selected that has another theme specified, switching of the theme is made
complete (subheadings appearance was not switched in the previous version).
- Fixed a problem with navigation history showing empty items after closing the upper window among the two
shown Bible windows.
- Corrected horizontal placement of Strong's numbers in right-to-left Bible modules (Hebrew).
- When closing certain windows by a button click on them, the virtual keyboard is now forcibly hidden (was
staying visible on some devices): done for bookmarks editing, bookmark category editing, theme renaming.
- Fixed search of Hebrew Strong's number usage in Septuagint where all Strong's numbers point to Greek
lexicon, not Hebrew (search of Hebrew Strong's number in Septuagint returns nothing now, used to return
- Search of Strong's number usage works much faster now (all the modules with Strong's numbers were
updated to support this).
- Fixed a problem with impossibility to select last couple of lines of text in the Commentaries,
Devotions, Dictionary windows on devices where the text selection toolbar appears at the top ow the
window, shifting the entire layout down.
- Fixed handling of hyperlinks from Strong's lexicon to Bible verses.
- Eliminated possible several spaces in between words when copying verses from Bible translations having
- Fixed a defect with the single touch not working on some devices.
- Fixed a problem with reading plan item highlighting not appearing when a reading plan item is opened
while the required place is already on the screen.
MyBible 4.2.1 - February 21, 2015
- Words highlighting/underlining:
- Highlighting/underlining control panel is eliminated as unreasonably consuming screen space.
Instead, corresponding controls are provided in the Bible window header.
- Words highlighting, underlining, and erasing of highlighting is made more natural and
convenient: once the highlighting finger movement is started, all the words in the range between
the starting touch point and the current touch point are affected.
- Highlighting erasing functionality is made easily accessible in the words highlighting and words
underlining mode. Note: highlighting erasing is still available as a separate mode, too.
- Introduced MyBible profiles:
- MyBible now allows having several named sets of settings, essentially forming "profiles" that
allow switching between different configurations/saved states of MyBible.
- You can have different sets of windows, theme selection, navigation history and virtually all
the other MyBible settings configured/prepared independently in each profile.
- You can create, select, rename, delete, share MyBible profiles via the "Profiles" menu item.
- The same single set of themes, bookmark sets, reading places, words highlighting/ underlining
and remarks is used by all the profiles.
- Notes are no longer stored in a file in the /MyBible/user/notes directory but are incorporated
into a settings (profile) file, so that each profile has its own notes.
- Configurable control buttons that do not fit the Bible window header width are now available via a
dropdown list that can be open by a fling up or down on a shown configurable control button.
- Identical menu and buttons icons for Bible window, commentaries window, dictionary window are replaced
with more appropriate ones.
- Added two more settings for touching screen quarters: verse up and verse down.
- Added orientation setting "Landscape only".
- Prevented a cyclic restart problem observed on Android 5.0.
- Prevented a problem with modules auto-updating causing damage of a module if the user has turned off the
device's screen in the process of modules auto-updating (the modules auto-updating process was and still
is invisible for the user).
- Suppressed a possible crash on showing a bookmarks usage tip.
- Prevented possible crash on attempt to close the auto-opened main menu during startup.
- Prevented possible crash on highlighting with a finger.
- Fixed windows synchronization after jumping to a random verse and after using a hyperlink in a
- When "Verses copying and sharing" indicates a reference at the end, missing quotes are provided for the
- Fixed a defect of the "Open cross references in the second window" setting handling, when the selected
Bible translation in the second window was unexpectedly changed to a translation from the first window.
- Fixed a problem with switching to another Bible translation when going back and forward by navigation
- When exporting bookmarks, a default file name for export is modified from the current bookmarks file
name, to avoid rewriting own bookmarks with the export operation.
- In the color picker dialog, when a color component value is being changed by holding the "+" or "-"
button, prevented accidental "crossing the value boundary".
MyBible 4.2.0 - January 17, 2015
- Added words highlighting and underlining support.
- Separate words of the Bible text can now be highlighted or underlined.
highlighting/underlining is separate for every Bible translation.
- After a long-touch on the Bible text, you now have a choice:
- select verses by touching them,
- highlight/underline words by moving your finger over them in the horizontal direction,
or by touching individual words
- erase highlighting
- insert remarks (see below)
- Highlighting of words can be turned on and off via the "Show" menu item.
- Theme item "Bookmark categories colors" is renamed to "Highlight colors" - these colors can now
be used for bookmark categories and for words highlighting.
- Theme item "Underline colors" is added.
- Added support of remarks for the Bible text.
- A remark can be inserted after any word of a Bible translation.
Note: remarks are separate
for every Bible translation.
- Adding of remarks is available after a long touch on the Bible text.
- A remark indicator is shown after a word after each a remark is inserted.
- Double-touch of a remark indicator opens the remark popup.
- Long touch on a remark popup switches it to the edit/delete mode.
- Added the "Remarks" window (available from the menu).
- Remarks indicators can be turned on and off via the "Show" menu item.
- "Commentaries" window improvements for more convenient studying.
- Commentary articles that exceed the commentaries screen height now remember their scroll
position. There is no longer an inconvenience of losing the place in a long commentary article
after an accidental switch to another article.
- Click on the commentaries header button with a book abbreviation scrolls to the beginning of the
current commentary article (that button was doing nothing in previous MyBible versions).
- Once a hyperlink in an article is activated, synchronization of the commentaries window with the
current position in the Bible text is temporary turned off. This allows reading/scrolling the
Bible text at a referenced parallel place without an inconvenience of abandoning a place in a
commentary article being studied.
- The "Synchronize" button (with a pointer down) now appears in the commentaries window header
once the synchronization was turned off (after following a hyperlink). Click this button to turn
on synchronization of the current commentary article with the current position in the Bible
- Commentaries applicability marker, chapter and verse(s) number, at the beginning of commentaries
articles has become a hyperlink, returning a Bible position corresponding to the open
commentaries article and automatically turning on commentaries synchronization.
- "Verse in different translations" window:
- Provided descriptions of shown Bible translations (can be turned on and off with the "i" button
in the header).
- More convenient sorting of translations: the current Bible translation is always first, then all
the other translations in the current translation's language, then the remaining translations
grouped by language.
- The current Bible translation is shown in the list, even if it is not selected for comparison.
- Favorite Daily Devotions:
- In the daily devotions window added a button to mark / unmark a particular devotion as favorite
(the star button).
- Favorite devotions are accessible by the long touch of the favorite button in the devotions
- Favorite devotions are also accessible from the Start Screen - the star button on the right
- Downloadable modules updates: there are settings now to control checking for updates and to
automatically download modules updates.
- "Random verse" menu item and header button are now configurable on a long touch on them:
- you can now select book(s) to open a random verses from
- you can request the "First verse of a random chapter"
- usage tip on the random verse is added
- When Strong's numbers are hidden by a double-tap on the translation selection button, dictionary windows
are hidden, too.
- When an empty Dictionary window is opened from the menu, a tip is shown in it, explaining how to use it.
- Ancillary text windows (commentaries, devotions, dictionaries) in themes:
- Theme element "Dictionary, Notes, Comments" is renamed to "Ancillary windows".
- Reworked sizing of these windows: their sizes are now expressed in percent of a Bible window.
- Font selection provided in the "Ancillary windows" theme element.
- Lists in themes:
- Added the font selection to the "Lists" theme element.
- Search window layout is reworked for landscape orientation.
- Usage tips updates:
- Updated usage tips on reading places.
- Added usage tips on bookmark sets.
- Upon insistent requests from one user, added the "Experimental settings" group, with the "Creative
reading (right to left)" setting there.
Reading plans improvements:
- Reading plan start date is now attached to a particular date (was: to particular day of a year).
This helps to have natural repetitions of reading plans shorter than a year.
- Reading plan duration is now shown in the "Reading plans" window.
- Dropdown list of reading plans is now sorted by their descriptions.
- You can now select more than one reading plan to be shown in the Start Screen.
- Added a control setting "Scroll on touch, activate hyperlink on touch" (third tab of settings, "Screen
touch action" group).
- Screen areas touch action:
- Provided a navigation option "Show chapter selection for single chapter books" (off by default).
- Provided an option to show Notes window next to the Bible window (selected by default).
- Provided an option "Open cross references in the second window (turning off windows synchronization)".
- Provided an option to confirm exiting the application on Back button (set by default).
- Provided the "Copy" item in the Bible window navigation history, that copies the navigation history list
- Restored loading of fonts located in the /fonts directory of the flash storage where /MyBible directory
is located (this was accidentally broken in MyBible 4.1.0).
- Prevented MyBible hang-up (black screen, making a device almost not responsive) in case if MyBible
detects that one of the settings files was externally modified and there is an error in that file.
- Fixed selection of chapter/verse when creating/editing a bookmark - did not work in case if the "Suggest
verse selection after chapter selection" setting is off.
- Fixed a problem when settings, bookmarks, reading places, themes were not stored in case if a
corresponding subdirectory was manually deleted from the /MyBible/user directory.
- Corrected displaying of bookmarks as popups - scrolling is used when a bookmark description does not fit
- Fixed an intermittent defect with incorrect yellow highlighting in the Modules window.
- Fixed the out-of-memory problem appearing while rendering Bible chapters containing the "........."
characters sequence, e.g. IBS Neh 7. This defect is spotted and fixed thank to a non-indifferent user
who cooperated with the MyBible developer by email to have the issue resolved rather than complain in
the feedback at Google Play and do nothing else.
- Prevented occasional not precise positioning when jumping to another place in the Bible.
- Reading plan items that point to books not existing in the current Bible translation are now disabled
and labeled "Not in module" (was showing "null").
- Fixed plain text format of sending bookmarks for printing.
- Corrected morphology indication description.
MyBible 4.1.0 - October 24, 2014
- Added daily devotions support:
- Devotions is a new kind of downloadable modules, providing a series of devotional meditations on
a Bible subject or theme, with a reference to Bible verse(s), one devotion a day. Downloadable
devotions are authored by known Biblical scholars and evangelists.
- Once a devotions module is downloaded, the "Devotions" menu item can be used to open the
- Touching Bible verse hyperlink in the devotions window opens a corresponding Bible place in the
active Bible window.
- You can assign a start date to every devotions series separately (a default start day is January
- You can navigate to the previous and next devotions, and open devotions for a particular date.
- Devotions are accessible from the Start Screen.
- Added support of MyBible synchronization between different devices of the same user.
- MyBible data files organization is adjusted to clearly separate data entered/collected by the
user from data downloaded from the MyBible modules repository and used "as is."
- Actual synchronization of MyBible data between devices of the same user is to be performed by
external software, like "Drive Autosync" or "Dropsync".
- Upon bringing up the Bible window, MyBible now checks for external updates of the user data
(MyBible settings, bookmarks, reading places, current theme). If an external change is detected,
MyBible loads and applies externally modified user data.
- See the "Synchronization" section in "About" for details.
- Added support of morphology in Bible translations with embedded Strong's numbers:
- Morphology forms indication is provided in several Bible translation modules (only Greek NT so
far: TR+, UBS4+).
- Morphology indication interpretation information is added to the Russian Strong's dictionary
(please make sure you have updated the Russian dictionary module Стронг).
- If a Strong number is activated that has a morphology indication following it, the word's
morphology form information is shown at the beginning of the Strong's dictionary article.
- MyBible icon can now be selected by the user, for preaching to people for whom the cross is a stumbling
block. Three options of an icon are available: the original MyBible icon with the cross, the icon with
the David's star instead of the cross, and the icon with no sign on the book's cover (for muslims).
Explanation is available via the "About" menu item.
- Added a possibility to open a second commentaries window.
- Volume buttons now scroll by a single verse (instead of a whole page) when the Commentaries window is
shown, thus helping to study all the commentaries, verse-by-verse.
- The "Verse in different translations" functionality now reacts faster and provides visual progress while
- A two-finger swipe left/right in the Bible window now navigates to the next/previous book.
- Added corresponding menu items.
- Added corresponding configurable header buttons.
- Added a complimentary setting "Recognize two-finger swipe left/right, as a jump to the
next/previous book. If not checked, two-finger touch calls the book selection window".
- In full screen mode, the menu button of the topmost Bible window shows the current time.
- Bookmarks report for printing can now be sent in either HTML or plain text format.
- Module quick selection now provides a module description in addition to abbreviation.
- Added a setting to specify a verse number in every verse when copying/sending verses.
- Added a setting to justify verses text.
- Spanish localization is completed.
- Corrected appearance and scrolling behavior of the Reading Plans window.
- Font size in the Commentaries window is now controlled by the "Dictionary, Notes, Comments text size"
setting of the "Dictionary, Notes, Comments" theme element (before it was mistakenly controlled by the
text size in the "Verse text" theme element).
- Navigation history size is limited by 30 entries, to prevent its unlimited growing with time, causing
bloating of the MyBible configuration file and thus increasing of the MyBible startup time.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect page up/page down functionality (scrolling a few lines too far) in case
if MyBible is switched from the full screen mode to the normal mode.
- Fixed a feature allowing some modules to have Bible window text sizes increased by a certain ratio (used
in Orig+ to increase text sizes by the factor of 1.2).
- When scrolling the Bible text one-hand (with a thumb), reduced a probability of a false horizontal fling
detection, causing an unexpected jump to the next or previous chapter.
- Somewhat reduced an amount of memory taken by MyBible when loading Bible chapters. This might help avoid
an "out of memory" problem reported by several users (via MyBible crash reports).
- Fixed a defect with moving to from the first chapter to the last chapter of the previous book: last
chapter number of the previous book was defined incorrectly.
- Fixed a weird MyBible behavior after a gentle short scrolling touch, when the current place was lost due
to a falsely detected page up or page down command.
- When the Commentaries window is opened for the first time, MyBible now auto-selects some commentary
module among downloaded. This addresses a question that was frequently asked by users about MyBible
4.0.x: "I've opened the Commentaries window and it says that it couldn't open commentaries module...
What do I do?", with the standard answer to that being "open some commentary module using the leftmost
button in the commentaries window header".
- Fixed handling of hyperlinks in Strong's dictionary (hyperlinks did not work on some devices).
- Corrected displaying of Greek texts in commentaries:
- The option of hiding Greek accents unsupported by the system font is now in the new "Greek
texts" settings group (was in the "Dictionaries" settings group).
- Fixed initial selection of Bible books to search, from several individual books to the entire Bible.
- Fixed a problem with the current Bible translation in a window getting lost (changed to another Bible
MyBible 4.0.5 - September 2, 2014
- Fixed a problem with MyBible 4.0.3/4.0.4 crash at startup on a device where it was not installed yet.
- Added Spanish localization for MyBible user interface (first cut - to be finished in future versions).
MyBible 4.0.4 - August 31, 2014
- Improvement for quick selection of Bible translation:
- Bible translation selection dropdown list (used when "Quick selection of modules" setting is on)
can now be limited to show not all of the downloaded Bible translations.
- Long touch on the Bible translation selection button now serves for selection of Bible
translations (among downloaded ones) to show in the translation selection dropdown list.
- Improvement for quick selection of commentaries: similar to how it is done for Bible translations (see
- Improvement for comparison of verses in different Bible translations: translations for comparison can
now be selected/limited, so that the comparison can be more focused on the translations of the most
- In the "Show" submenu of the Bible window, added the "Portrait only" checkbox (for a convenient access
to this feature).
- Detection of a long touch on a verse is made more reliable. (Increased a maximum distance from an
initial touch point withing which a finger can wiggle and still produce a long touch).
MyBible 4.0.3 - August 29, 2014
- In the Modules window, modules are now grouped by types after grouping by languages - for a better
convenience of managing them.
- In the Modules window, the count of Bible translation languages is corrected to count each of of the
"small languages" as a separate language.
- Reading plans improvements:
- Reading plans are downloadable modules now, with their format described along with the format of
other MyBible modules (see MyBible description at Google Play).
- Each reading plan now has a separate start date.
- Built-in reading plans are removed from MyBible - please download the plans you need using
"Modules" menu item - reading plans are at the top, as they are language-neutral.
- In the "Verse in different translations" window a click on a translation opens a verse in that
translation in the lowest Bible window.
- Only those modules are now yellow-highlighted in the Modules window which were added/updated after
MyBible was installed on the user's device. It essentially means that when the user installs MyBible,
he/she has a chance to browse through all the modules - all of them would be "new", so no reason to
highlight them then.
- Hyperlinks in the commentaries window and in the dictionary window now use cross references color from
- If selected an option of placing window control buttons at the bottom, it now applies also to the
Commentaries window and to the Dictionary window.
- Prevented several possible MyBible crashes per crash reports received from the users. In particular,
MyBible should no longer crash if the last used Bible translation cannot be opened anymore.
MyBible 4.0.2 - August 1, 2014
- Improved horizontal gesture handling in the Bible window: gesture left (next chapter) and gesture right
(previous chapter), as well as pulling out the bookmarks panel, can now be made "one-hand".
- New buttons added to the commentaries window header, allowing to switch between the two commentaries
- all commentaries covering the current verse
- only comments starting with the current verse
- Added the "Verse in different translations" functionality - accessible via the new button in the Bible
reading window header when a single verse is selected.
- Cross references for a verse:
- Duplicate cross references are no longer shown for a verse.
- For extensive cross references, only the first referenced verse in shown initially, and you can
expand/collapse such a cross reference as needed.
- Added settings on the format of reference in verses being copied or shared (see the second tab of
settings, at the end).
- MyBible now looks for additional fonts in the /fonts directory on the SD card. Note: MyBible still also
looks for additional fonts in the /MyBible/fonts directory on the SD card.
- Storage of MyBible settings is reworked to go to the mybible_settings.xml file instead of the standard
Android storage of application preferences. (This is a preparation to synchronizing MyBible between
different devices of the same user).
- The commentaries window now indicates why it is empty.
- When selecting a new position in the Bible, MyBible suggests (highlights) the last visited verse only in
the last visited chapter. So when you see a highlighted verse number on the verse selection screen, you
can be sure this is the last visited place in the book being selected. (Note: MyBible used to remember
and highlight last visited verse in every visited chapter of every book, but this behavior was confusing
rather than helpful).
- The number of adjustable bookmark category colors (configured in the Themes window) is no longer a fixed
10 but can be increased or decreased for a theme.
- Upon clearing of the search text, the soft keyboard is now shown automatically.
- Added a setting to provide a Bible translation abbreviation when copying/sharing verses.
- Long touch on the "Share verses" button (when some verses are selected) prepares a Bible module defect
Note: this feature is described in the automatically shown new usage tip.
- MyBible will now suggest to show new usage tips, if they have appeared in the new version. Usage tips
that are new (i.e. added since the previous release of Mybible) have a red marker on them.
- An attempt is made to correct a reported problem with an unexpected changing of a selected user
interface language to the system language.
- Search results are no longer cleared after bookmarks manipulation.
- Next chapter/previous chapter functionality now takes into account the setting of Russian New Testament
- On the bookmark editing screen the OK/Cancel buttons are now normally accessible on smartphones in the
- Fixed a defect with not taking into account the Russian numbering of Psalms when displaying comments for
them (comments for a wrong Psalm were displayed).
- Corrected reading plans "Psalms + OT + NT" and "Chronological order" (defects have been observed and
fixed by an active user).
MyBible 4.0.1 - June 10, 2014
- Fixed a scrolling problem reported for MyBible 4.0.0 by several users.
- Fixed several possible MyBible crash reasons, according to crash reports sent by users since MyBible
4.0.0 was released.
- Fixed a problem with missing MyBible icon on devices with low screen resolutions (the default Android
icon was shown instead) .
- Fixed a defect in the Themes window, the "Background" theme element, when the "Color highlighting
opacity" selection was not shown when the "Old paper" background was not checked.
- Fixed a problematic appearance of usage tips. Usage tips prompt is now automatically shown only once for
every screen having usage tips.
- Added a possibility to turn off displaying of the Bible subheadings.
- Turning windows synchronization on and off is now also available from the "Show" submenu.
- Added the "never" option for the "Automatic screen off" setting.
- Page scrolling by volume buttons can now be turned off by a new setting.
- Sending of bookmarks for printing (in HTML) is improved:
- bookmarks sorting information is shown
- a comment for a bookmark is moved below the bookmarked verses text
- bookmark creation and modification dates are now shown in HTML
- when sending all the bookmarks for printing, added a possibility of grouping bookmarks by
categories, keeping the current sorting within categories
- Added vibration confirmation to the horizontal fling (which moves to the next/previous chapters and
pulls out the side bookmarks panel).
MyBible 4.0.0 - June 4, 2014
- User interface is reworked for more modern and consistent look and feel and for easier access to the entire
- The old-fashion Options menu is replaced with a neat menu panel that provides obvious access to all the
- Context menus are no longer used in MyBible. Instead, a modern approach with the Action Bar is applied:
- Long touch selects items.
- When one or more items are selected, available actions for selected items appear in the header.
- Frequently needed actions are shown in the header with icons.
- Additional actions are accessible by clicking the Overflow (tipple vertical dot) button.
- Major improvements made in bookmarks.
- Bookmarks no longer color the verse background but are shown as vertical bars on the right.
Note: this way a bookmarked span of verses is more obvious. Besides, with this approach a verse
background coloring can be used for individual words (that is planned for future versions).
- A touch on a bookmark bar shows the bookmark info.
- A long touch on a bookmark bar allows to edit or delete the bookmark.
- Added a possibility to send information on bookmarks of the selected category for printing (as
an HTML attachment).
- Added an alternative convenience way to access the bookmarks and the bookmarked text: the
bookmarks panel which can be pulled with a swipe from the left edge of the Bible window.
- Introduced the concept of reading places.
- You can now mark several places in the Bible as your reading places (places you have stopped
- Reading place markers are color-coded per your preference.
- You can have as many different reading place markers as you want.
- A reading place marker is very easy to set after selecting a verse.
- Introduced the Start Screen:
- Appears when you open MyBible after closing it with the "Back" hardware button (can also be
called from the Options menu).
- Provides all your reading places for easy choosing.
- Also provides today's items of your currently selected Bible reading plan.
- Added more shortcut buttons into the Bible window header:
- buttons to be shown in the header can be selected via Options
- as many of selected buttons are shown as the header room permits
- The interface colors are changed to be closer to the modern Android bluish color scheme.
- Android-style icons are used throughout the application.
- Added support of Bible commentaries.
- Bible commentaries modules in the Downloadable Modules window are available among the Common Modules for
a particular language.
- There is a menu item to open the commentaries window.
- The commentaries window shows commentaries applicable to the current position in the active Bible
- A touch on a hyperlink in the commentaries window opens a corresponding Bible location in the active
- Synchronization of Bible windows (controlled by a long touch on the second button of a Bible window
header) also affects commentaries window.
- Smaller improvements:
- Usage tips are reworked to point to elements in animated form instead of providing static screen shots.
- In the "MyBible original" and "MyBible alternative" themes corrected the colors for words of Jesus (day
and night mode) and for the verse text in the night mode, so that it is softer for the eyes (if you use
these themes, reset them to the predefined state to apply the updates).
- By default, there is no active reading plan. This is done to make sure that the Start Screen does not
show reading plan items if the user has not explicitly selected a reading plan to follow.
- Alternative MyBible icon, with the David's star instead of the cross, is now used not only if a device's
system language is Hebrew, but also if Android is able to detect that the device is functioning on the
territory of Israel.
- Added an option to show Bible window controls at the bottom.
- Corrected windows synchronization and current position displaying in a situation when the current book
does not exist in a Bible translation selected in a Bible window (black window).
- Prevented a problem with modules not being actually open (empty Bible window after downloading a Bible
translation), which was reported by a user for the V9+ tablet (Android 2.3.5).
- Fixed a problem with some reading plan items not being indicated with the red bar.
MyBible 3.4.3 - April 21, 2014
- Themes improvements:
- Added a possibility to limit the font size increasing on the book/chapter/verse selection buttons - see
the "Control buttons" theme element.
- The predefined theme "MyBible alternative" is updated to limit the font size on the book/chapter/verse
selection buttons (if you use this theme, reset it to the predefined state to apply the updates).
Fixed a not working "Left and right margin" setting in themes (under the "Margins and spaces" theme
- Fixed a problem with opening during MyBible start/restart of not exactly the same Bible position where the
reader was the last time (but a position few pages above).
- Fixed a problem when the second Bible window was sometimes by itself switching to the same Bible translation as
used in the first Bible window.
- Fixed a problem with showing descriptions in the bookmarks list: a correct amount of vertical space is now
reserved for bookmark descriptions.
- In the Septuagint (LXX+) Bible translation (Old Testament), Strong's numbers now point to Greek Strong's
lexicon, as appropriate.
- MyBible startup time is shortened slightly more.
MyBible 3.4.2 - March 25, 2014
- Performance improvements:
- Application startup time is noticeably shortened.
- Book selection and chapter/verse selection windows appear somewhat faster.
- Added more reading plans:
- Canonical order
- Chronological order
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Psalms + OT + NT
- 10 chapters a day
- 71 days in Isaiah
- NT in 3 months, chronologically
- Gospel daily
- Psalms daily
- Wisdom daily
- Words of Jesus
- Epistles, Law, History, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy, Gospels a week
- Appearance themes improvements:
- The "Ancillary windows" theme item is reworked for clarity into "Lists" and "Dictionaries, Notes,
- For Dictionaries, Notes, Commentaries windows there are now separate appearance theme settings for the
text color and background color.
- Built-in appearance themes are updated to have the dictionary/notes/commentaries background color and
text color matching the corresponding Bible windows colors. If you have not made your personal changes
in an appearance theme you use, it is recommended that you reset your theme appearance to the default
- When increasing/decreasing font size for all text theme element at once, the lists font size and the
dictionaries/notes/commentaries font size are also affected correspondingly.
- Navigation improvements:
- Quick selection of Bible translations and commentaries - using dropdown list of abbreviations only. More
informative selection that shows modules with descriptions, grouped by languages, can be activated by
unchecking the quick modules selection setting.
- When selecting a new Bible location, it is now possible (via Settings) to turn off selection of a verse
after selection of a book and chapter. This way the first verse of a selected chapter is opened, making
the navigation process faster (although less precise).
- In the Downloadable Modules window added the "Remove all highlighting" service menu item.
- Fixed a problem of a punctuation sign carrying onto a new line by itself after an inserted word, a word of
Jesus, or a note.
- Fixed a problem of not retrieving enough chapters to cover the screen when scrolling short chapters (Psalm 120
and the following ones) on a big-screen device (a tablet).
MyBible 3.4.1 - February 10, 2014
- Appearance themes improvements:
- Provided access to appearance theme selection/editing from Options.
This is done mostly to address
user's confusion "Why did the font size adjustment disappeared?" - there were many questions like this
to the developer after the MyBible 3.4.0 release. Access to appearance themes from the menu is still
kept as a shortcut.
- All font sizes within a theme can now be changed at once by either big or small increment. (This feature
is still available via the "..." button in the theme editing window).
- "Lines spacing" theme item is changed into "Margins and spaces".
"Left and right margin" setting
- Added a setting to control a dictionary window height - in the "Ancillary windows" theme element, scroll
down if not visible.
- Provided more predefined appearance themes.
- Search functionality improvements:
- Provided predefined sets of books for searching, matching the color categories in the book selection
- Books for searching can now be also flexibly and conveniently selected - any arbitrary selection of
books can be searched.
- The case insensitive search workaround option is now turned on by default if MyBible detects that SQLite
engine on the user's device cannot find a record with mixed-case Russian text.
- Side-by-side Bible windows arrangement in landscape mode:
- When two or three Bible windows are shown, in the landscape screen orientation mode Bible windows are
located side-by-side now instead of being on top of each other.
- If not desired, this behavior can be turned off using via the Settings.
- Added a new menu item "To random verse".
- Order of books/chapters/verses on the navigation screens for the Orig+ Bible module is changed to be more
natural: right-to-left for Hebrew books, left-to-right for Greek books.
- Data directory relocation/control functionality is reworked to be more clear and safe, and to support several
switchable MyBible data directories on a device, if needed.
- Vibration action confirmation is made shorter.
- Fixed a problem with context menu calling on Android 4.4, when lifting a finger up after a long touch was
causing firing of simple touch event behind the appeared context menu.
- Checking of built-in cross references is completed.
MyBible 3.4.0 - January 11, 2014
- Added support of MyBible appearance themes:
- Selection and editing of themes is available from the menu, "Appearance themes" item.
- Provided several predefined appearance themes.
- The user can select/copy/modify/delete themes.
- Several of the MyBible settings have been moved to themes.
- Bookmark category color highlighting approach is changed to work with appearance themes:
- Bookmark category color is now selected from a set of 10 bookmark category colors defined within an
- Color selection now assumes a pair of colors: one for the day mode and one for the night mode.
- Bookmark category colors configured in an earlier MyBible version are automatically replaced with a
reference to some color pair number within an appearance theme. So re-adjustment of your bookmark
category colors will likely be needed after switching to MyBible 3.4.0.
- Bible window touch action has two options now:
- Single touch scrolls by a page, double touch activates a hyperlink (default).
- Single touch activates a hyperlink, double touch does nothing.
- On the bookmark editing window provided a text of verses being bookmarked - for the bookmark location editing
- Sorting of bookmarks by date is corrected to have most recently created bookmarks at the top of the list.
- Improved windows synchronization on parallel scrolling when there is a difference in subheadings location or
height in the windows.
- Added support of bi-lingual Bible modules - for correct displaying of the newly added module Orig+ (Old
Testament in Hebrew, New Testament in Greek).
- Added an option to explicitly set on the book selection screen the Russian order of the New Testament books
(Paul's epistles at the end, before Revelation).
- Corrected noticed entry mistakes in several tens of cross references pointing to Exodus, which are actually
references to Isaiah.
- Corrected the control buttons appearance for large screen resolutions.
- Fixed a problem with bookmarks not being isHighlighted in some cases.
- Added a new Settings tab to switch the MyBible interface language independently of the system locale.
- Added Ukrainian user interface localization.
- Added Indonesian user interface localization.
- Deleted imperfect Italian and Spanish user interface localizations (there are no native speakers willing to help
the developer with this, decided not to keep these localizations which were not updated for several MyBible
MyBible 3.3.1 - November 18, 2013
- Added MyBible usage tips:
- Automatically brought up by default on opening of every screen for which usage tips are defined.
- Can be called using the "Show usage tips" menu item.
- Added bookmarks creation and modification timestamps, and corresponding sorting in the Bookmarks window.
- Presentation of a chapter and verse number for Bible translations in right-to-left languages is changed to be
natural for a right-to-left reading user. In particular, for an Arabic user:
- English Bible translation: John 3:16
- Arabic Bible translation: 16:3 يو
- Arabic Bible translation, when national digits are used: يو ١٦:٣
In the Downloadable Modules window, all the available languages are again shown by default. The menu item "Show
all languages" is changed into "Limit shown languages". This change was prompted by complaints from several
Russian users after the MyBible 3.3.0 release, like "Where did the English Bible translations go??" :)
- Several noticed mistakes are corrected in built-in cross references.
- Built-in daily reading plans corrected for the book of Jeremiah - all the chapters of Jeremiah are now in the
plans in their natural order.
- Several corrections to prevent MyBible crashes (a follow-up to received automatic crash report emails).
- Corrected handling of two-finger touch and three-finder touch in the Bible reading window (no more accidentally
called several book selection windows on top of each other).
- Fixed a problem with MyBible usage after an external SD card has been removed.
MyBible 3.3.0 - November 3, 2013
- Bible text scrolling is made more smooth when old paper background is turned on.
- Bible navigation improvements:
- Increased font size in the book selection window.
- On long touch in the book selection window the beginning of the first book's chapter is opened.
- On long touch in the chapter selection window the beginning of the chapter is opened.
- Search functionality improvements:
- Added search options:
- case sensitive search
- whole words search
- Added search possibilities help text.
- Added a button to clear search text entry.
- When a search book range is changed, search re-query is auto-performed for the new book range.
- Added an option to selectively copy found verses to Clipboard.
- Search history:
- now called by a long touch on the Search button
- order of history items is corrected to have the most recent at the top
- Long search operation can now be canceled.
- Added text size adjustment possibilities:
- added an option to change text size of Bible hyperlinks (cross references, Strong's numbers)
- added an option to change text size of search results (and other similar lists - bookmarks, cross
- added an option to change text size of a dictionary window
- Downloadable Modules window is improved:
- When called, it only shows modules in languages of the user interest, that is:
- languages of already downloaded modules
- device's system language
- language-neutral modules (cross references)
- All available languages can be shown/hidden using the "Show all languages" menu item.
- The Navigate Back button is never disabled when the Navigation Forward button is not shown. This allows to
always perform a long touch on the Navigate Back button to call the Navigation History list.
- Occasional unneeded spaces around punctuation and quotes (prevented by the previous release in the reading
window) are now also prevented when copying and sharing verses.
- Notes window:
- now stores in the file "notes.txt" so that your notes will not disappear if you will uninstall the
application and install it again.
- you can transfer notes to PC by copying the file "notes.txt".
- Embedded additional fonts are removed from the program installation, as they could potentially be copyrighted.
Additional .ttf fonts are still taken from /MyBible/fonts SD card directory - place your additional Android TTF
fonts there if desired.
- Removed the option "Retrieve all chapters":
- This option was not useful: even on the fastest phones, the many-chapter books like Isaiah or Psalms
would take too many seconds to load completely, making this function rather annoying.
- Also, there were cases of a negative feedback on MyBible performance when the users have set this option
(just to try things out).
- Measures are taken to prevent an occasional MyBible crash on startup after a period of inactivity.
MyBible 3.2.0 - August 31, 2013
- Added Strong's number usage search functionality:
- Allows to study where and how words of the original denoted by particular Strong's numbers are used in a
- Accessible by the Search button in a dictionary window header.
- Added informing the user on added and/or updated downloadable modules which became available:
- At startup, MyBible will show a popup notification that there are new modules of potential interest.
- In the Downloadable Modules window, the added and updated modules are isHighlighted in yellow.
- Downloading the module will clear its highlighting.
- The user can also prevent a module highlighting using the context menu.
- Prevented (mostly) occasional unneeded spaces around punctuation and quotes.
- Improved support of Chinese Bible translations displaying.
- Added support of emphasized words (used in some Bible translations).
- Found verses font is made bigger, found places are isHighlighted in color.
- New user interface localizations:
- Fixed the data directory relocation function (became broken in MyBible 3.0.4).
- Fixed bookmarks behavior when they are filtered in the list by a description fragment.
MyBible 3.1.0 - August 2, 2013
- MyBible now supports Bible text subheadings, downloadable as separate modules.
- Subheadings help better follow intense Bible chapters when reading.
- Subheadings also provide an alternative way to navigate in the Bible.
- One common set of downloaded subheadings can be applied to multiple Bible translations (in the same
language as the subheadings language or in any language - the user's choice).
- Provided two Russian subheadings modules, sourced from a printed pastor Getse's Bible:
- Bible chapters chronology
- Bible text subheadings
- No longer needed built-in subheadings are removed from the downloadable Russian Bible translation
- RSTG became RST
- MDRG became MDR
- Provided English subheadings from a printed King James Bible translation.
- Added the context menu item "Navigate by subheadings" (for the current book).
- Added the Options menu item "Navigate by subheadings" (for the entire Bible).
- MyBible now supports searching in bookmarks by a bookmark description: added a "Filter by" input in the
- Added options:
- Force a case insensitive search workaround (this is apparently needed for some devices with a
custom-built Android version).
- When Strong's numbers are shown, do NOT scroll a page per a single tap (turned on by default).
- Fixed a problem of extra lines scrolled on page up / page down, after the screen is switched to full
screen and back.
- Fixed a problem of slow user interface reaction when a custom font is selected for the reading window.
- Fixed a problem with not restoring the system screen switch off time on activating another application.
MyBible 3.0.4 - July 8, 2013
- Added "Share selected verses" option in the context menu.
- Added a full screen mode, turned on by default for screens no more than 6 inches.
Can be turned on and off:
- by a double-tap on the Sel button
- from the menu
- from Options
- Added an alternative way to start selection of another position in the Bible: touching the Bible reading window
with two fingers simultaneously.
- Added a night reading mode, which can be turned on and off:
- via the menu
- by touching the Bible reading window with three fingers simultaneously
- Provided several additional selectable fonts for the Bible reading window.
- You can have additional fonts available for selection by placing .ttf font files into the /MyBible/fonts
directory on the SD card.
- Added an option to lock portrait screen orientation (turned on by default for screens no more than 6 inches).
- Added an option turn off Jesus' words highlighting in red.
- Added an option turn off showing of subtitles.
- Action of a fling left/right on the Bible reading window is reversed for a more natural flipping of chapter:
- fling left now moves to the next chapter
- fling right now moves to the previous chapter
- Bible reading plan can now be started at any day.
- Access to bookmark category adding/editing possibilities is made more obvious by adding a "..." button on the
right of the bookmark category selection control.
- Added support of the right-to-left-writing languages (Hebrew Bible modules will be available for downloading
MyBible 3.0.3 - June 24, 2013
- Better support of bigger screen sizes (tablets) by the Bible reading window:
- Header is scaled separately for large and extra large screens (7" and 10", respectively).
- Font size of the book/chapter/verse selection buttons is increased automatically, depending on the
available screen space and the number of the buttons shown.
- Provided a shortcut to navigate within the currently selected book - double-tap on the current Bible position
button in the header:
- Single tap still allows to navigate starting from the book selection.
- Double-tap simply skips the book selection, jumping to the chapter selection.
- Bible text font can now be chosen from the three Android built-in fonts: Droid Sans, Droid Serif, Droid Sans
MyBible 3.0.2 - June 13, 2013
- Improvements and fixes related to the first start, when there is no Bible translations downloaded yet.
- Menu items and buttons are disabled which were causing exceptions without a Bible translation open.
- Downloadable Modules window is made full-screen.
- A reminder is shown to download and open a Bible translation if the user closes the automatically open
Downloadable Modules window without downloading a Bible translation.
- Navigation history access changes.
- Clearing of navigation history is removed from Options menu, to free up a slot for a more frequently
needed menu item.
- Clearing of navigation history is now available as the first item in the navigation history list (menu),
callable by a long touch on the Back or Forward button.
- Unnecessary menu items are removed, Options menu item is now more easily accessible.
- Unnecessary confirmation popup message is removed on copying selected verses to Clipboard.
MyBible 3.0.1 - June 8, 2013
- Improved appearance of the context menus.
- Fixed the problem with searching of several words (a phrase) not finding anything in translations with embedded
- Search in translations with embedded Strong numbers is now as fast and capable as in translations
containing plain Bible text only.
- A price of this, however, is creation of a translation copy with Strong's numbers removed on the SD
- When you perform a search for the first time in a Bible translation containing Strong's numbers,
MyBible will delay your search up to about a minute to create a modified copy of the
- A created translation copy is a bit smaller than the original translation, but still takes
several megabytes on your SD card.
- Fixed a crash situation on return from Options when there is no Bible translation open.
- Fixed a problem with sometimes disappearing translation abbreviation indication.
MyBible 3.0.0 - May 29, 2013
- MyBible distribution moved to Google Play! This became possible because:
- Volker Burggräf suggested to use Zefania
free resources as the source of Bible translation modules.
- Volker Burggräf has also invested his personal time into creation of the Zefania -> MyBible converter -
coming online soon!
- Bible text search functionality improvements:
- The '*' character can now be used instead of the '%' character to specify any number of any characters.
- Search is accelerated on Android 4 and newer devices (non-working SQLite case conversion workaround is
no longer needed starting Android 4).
- Added a possibility to combine several search criteria using 'and', 'or', 'not'. To simplify this
feature usage, brief reference info is provided in the Search window.
- Added storing of search history.
- Downloadable modules changes:
- Downloadable modules are now split into groups by the Bible translation language.
- Provided many more Bible translations for several European languages (if not yet available for you -
please keep checking, coming soon).
- Select Bible translation functionality improvement: available Bible translation are now grouped by translation
- New features regarding the reading window header buttons:
- Search button is now shown in the header if there is room for it (e.g. in landscape screen orientation).
If there is no room, Search button can be shown instead of Forward button - if the corresponding option
- In case of a long current translation abbreviation, both Search button and Forward buttons hide to give
more room for the current position selection button.
- New features in the reading window (used in some Bible translations):
- Notes text highlighting.
- Explicit line breaks.
- Appearance of all the windows other than the reading window is reworked to use the Dialog style.
- When the old paper background is used, added the optional "work edges" effect - many thanks to Evgeniy Zolotko
for his efforts to develop this feature.
- Options are split into several tabs.
- For Android 4.0 and above, switched the order of buttons on the dialogs, to match the system defaults: OK/Cancel
- Corrections and fixes:
- Added words (the words not present in the original) among Jesus' words are now shown in light red (was
in light grey).
- Switched places "+" and "-" buttons in the Options.
- Fixed a defect with not allowing to scroll up in some cases after the "Previous chapter" feature usage.
- "Chapter Description" context menu item is renamed to "Info".
- Back button action is restored to the standard Android behavior.
- Added a possibility to move the MyBible data directory from the standard place /mnt/sdcard/MyBible to any other
location per the user's preference.
MyBible 2.2.7 - February 24, 2013
- Appearance of buttons is improved:
- Top edge is made sparkling.
- Corners rounded.
- Windows header height is increased for buttons access convenience.
- Further corrections for better screen rotation support:
- Verses selection is now kept on the screen rotation.
- Fixed a defect with blocking scrolling up after a jump several chapters up in the same book.
- Jump using extended cross references no longer clears the current Bible reading plan item.
- Fling right (calling the next chapter) and fling left (calling the previous chapter) shall now be at
least 1 centimeter long (protection from accidental jump on very sensitive screens).
MyBible 2.2.6 - February 9, 2013
- Adjustment for Android 4.x devices:
- "Search in Books" menu item is moved to the first part of the options menu (it is more
convenient this way with devices having no "Search" hardware button).
- Corrections for better screen rotation support:
- Fixed crash of the bookmark category editing window on the screen rotation.
- Fixed behavior of the bookmark and bookmark category editing windows on the screen rotation (preserve
edited data state).
- Fixed behavior of the 'Search in Books' window on the screen rotation (preserve a selected book to
search from and a selected book to search to).
- Miscellaneous fixes:
- Restored the functionality of emailing crash notifications to the author (was accidentally broken many
releases ago without noticing by the author).
- Fixed the first double-touch in inactive window (was working as a single touch).
- 'Search in Books' for KJV+ no longer shows Strong's numbers in the search results.
- Corrected a priority of initial translation selection: first look for RST, if not available - look for
KJV+, if not available - select an alphabetically first available translation.
- Removed the not working and not needed 'Exit' menu item.
MyBible 2.2.5 - January 23, 2013
- "Translations and Dictionaries" MyBible menu item is renamed to "Downloadable Modules"
- Provided detailed cross references for the entire Bible.
- Adopted cross references from the OpenBible project - more than 340 thousand Bible cross references,
which makes an average of more than 10 cross references per a Bible verse.
- These additional cross references can be downloaded from the MyBible web site - use the "Downloadable
Modules" MyBible menu item (look for OBX).
- In the Bible reading window MyBible still shows the built-in set of cross references taken from the
Russian Synodal Bible translation - about 10.7 thousand cross references, which makes an average of 1
cross reference per 3 Bible verses.
- All available cross references are shown in the new window "Cross References".
- Can be open via the context menu invoked for a verse.
- Can also be called by a double-tap on a verse number.
MyBible 2.2.4 - January 12, 2013
- Windows synchronization state is now persistent.
- Windows synchronization is still on by default.
- If windows synchronization was turned off it will be off after MyBile restart.
- If windows synchronization is turned off, the navigation history is stored separately for each window.
- Added bookmarks sorting options:
- sequentially by Bible books (default)
- by description
- Changed windows synchronization indication: "=" means synchronized windows, "≈" means not synchronized windows.
- Russian numbering of verses is now automatically selected after installation only for the Russian system locale.
- Removed incorrect cross reference from Revelation 14:15 to non-existent Joel 7.
MyBible 2.2.3 - December 22, 2012
- Localization is improved:
- Created separate versions of the initial (sample) bookmarks for English, Russian, and German locales.
- Built-in Bible reading plan names are translated into English and German.
- "About" information is translated into German (by Volker Burggräf).
- Color picker on the bookmark category editor is slightly improved for more convenient selection of the leftmost
and rightmost available colors.
MyBible 2.2.2 - December 19, 2012
- Fixed a bug with growing left and right text indent on devices with large screen densities.
- Added German localization of the user interface (translated by Volker Burggräf).
- Added German Bible translation LUT - download from MyBible site if you want it.
- Added support for story titles.
- Translation abbreviation is now defined only by the translation file name ("info.short_name" field within a
translation database is no longer used).
- Scrolling of notes is improved.
MyBible 2.2.1 - December 13, 2012
- Fixed the defect with disappearing of the translation name (hopefully fixed - could not reproduce reliably)
- Activated hyperlink highlighting is made more visible - yellow background.
- Vibration confirmation is added to the Bible reading plan item selection.
- Corrected transition to the next chapter and to the previous chapter(on fling right and fling left) to proceed
to the very beginning of the first verse.
MyBible 2.2.0 - November 17, 2012
- Cross references entered for the entire Bible - thank you my beloved wife for helping with this!
- Touch and hold the translation abbreviation area in the header to turn cross references on/off (underlined Bible
translation name means that cross references are on).
- Double-tap the KJV+ translation abbreviation in the header to turn Strong's Numbers on/off.
- RST translation is corrected for Daniel 3:31 incompleteness (re-download RST to have this change).
- Downloading progress indication is corrected to show round progress numbers.
- 'Notes' window appearance is improved.
- Reaction on some user actions is accelerated (preferences are saved only when necessary).
- Default settings are adjusted for the developer's preference.
- New dictionary window menu item is disabled if there are no downloaded dictionaries.
- Alphabetically first Bible translation is automatically selected after initial downloading of Bible translations
(after-installation behavior improvement).
- Bookmark info no longer shows tags when called for KJV+.
- Space after a verse number is changed from 5 scalable pixels to 1 whitespace.
MyBible 2.1.0 - August 14, 2012
- Added cross-references for the books of Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Daniel,
- Ukrainian Bible translation is made available (UBIO).
- Location of the epistles of James, Peter, John, Jude in the list of Bible books is now controlled by the
selected chapters and verses numbering: for Russian numbering these books are located right after the book of
- Correction of words spacing.
- Minor correction of Strong Numbers spacing.
- Prevented a crash (reported by the user).
MyBible 2.0.0 - July 8, 2012
- Added support of dictionary windows next to Bible reading windows.
- Added (available for downloading) Strong's Dictionary of the Bible Hebrew and Greek words.
- Added (available for downloading) KJV+ Bible translation, with Strong's numbers and Jesus' words in red.
- Downloading from MyBible site is significantly accelerated.
- Added lines spacing option.
- Current daily reading plan item is saved when the program is closed.
- Provided English-Russian verses numbering correspondence for the book of Daniel (chapters 3 and 4). RST
translation is updated on the MyBible site to remove non-canon verses from Daniel 4.
- Navigation history positioning is made more precise (scrolling within a verse is also stored now).
- Touch and hold of a daily reading plan item activates it without a jump to its beginning.
MyBible 1.4.11 - May 2, 2012
- Provided an option to show the Bible text on an old paper-like background (more pleasant for the eyes and
apparently more aesthetic).
- Added cross references for the books of Job and Psalms.
- Selected Bible reading plan item is now shown by a red stripe on the right edge of the text.
- Added an option to override a system setting of the screen auto-off timeout while a Bible text is shown.
- Bookmark color picker is improved.
MyBible 1.4.10 - March 24, 2012
- Provided an option of smooth page up and page down scrolling on the volume buttons, trackball, up and down keys.
- Visual and vibration feedback on buttons and on double-clicking of cross-references is improved.
- Provided an option to turn on and off a vibration feedback.
- Touching and holding the "Sel" header turns on and off showing of the bookmarks. When the bookmarks
are shown, the "Sel" header area has bold font.
MyBible 1.4.9 - March 17, 2012
- Added cross references for the books of 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther.
- Added adjustment of actions on touching of screen quarters (which way to scroll, smooth scroll or not).
MyBible 1.4.8 - March 4, 2012
- Fixed scrolling defect on scrolling up to the previous chapter (unexpected jump over a chapter) when the user
keeps manually dragging down (does not use a fling down).
- Added cross references for the book of Acts.
- Long texts of menu items shortened.
MyBible 1.4.7 - March 3, 2012
- Added cross references for the books 1 Kings, 2 Kings.
MyBible 1.4.6 - February 28, 2012
- Added cross references for the books of Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel.
MyBible 1.4.5 - February 25, 2012
- Program startup time is reduced (loading of cross references is optimized).
- Added Russian localization of the program (automatically turned on when the Russian locale is activated on the
MyBible 1.4.4 - February 18, 2012
- Added cross references for Numbers, Deuteronomy, Luke.
- More room is provided to enter a bookmark note. An entire bookmark note is visible in the list of bookmarks.
- Bookmark Info feature is made more convenient.
MyBible 1.4.3 - February 10, 2012
- Scrolling and font size are improved in the Notes window.
- "Features and Their Usage" is added to the "About" text - this is essentially a brief user manual.
MyBible 1.4.2 - January 28, 2012
- Added cross references for Leviticus, Matthew, Mark, John.
MyBible 1.4.1 - January 14, 2012
- Scrolling is fixed/improved again.
- Fixed a defect with unexpected jumps several chapters up on "fling down and wait".
- Button sizes improvements for high resolution screens (navigation, Bible reading plan).
- Added cross references for Exodus and Proverbs.
MyBible 1.4.0 - January 7, 2012
- Chapter description context menu item is provided. It shows a nearest preceding chapter description above a
touched place. For the RST and MDRG translations this allows to see an approximate date to which a touched Bible
place is related. (This is possible because the supplied RST and MDRG Bible translations carry dates from the
Pastor Getse's Russian Bible as chapters descriptions).
- Added support of cross references. Started population of cross references information from the Russian Synodal
translation (created cross references for the book of Genesis).
- Improved navigation history functioning.
- Fixed an initial scrolling defect on the MyBible Reading Plan activity.
- Provided English-Russian numbering correspondence for the Song of Solomon.
- MyBible versions numbering is changed - a third digit is now used instead of an alpha to indicate a subversion
MyBible 1.3b - December 24, 2011
- A visual defect on navigation is fixed (no more jump to the beginning of a chapter before jumping to a required
place in a chapter).
- Provided storing of navigation history between MyBible sessions.
- Added Exit menu item.
MyBible 1.3a - December 17, 2011
- Bookmarks manipulation possibilities are improved to support bookmark exchange between MyBible users.
Note: When switching from MyBible 1.2g to MyBible 1.3, please export your bookmarks first. Default
bookmark set name 'bookmarks' would be fine when exporting. This is needed because MyBible stores bookmarks
differently. (Never mind if you did not use the bookmarks feature before).
- MyBible now allows having several bookmark sets. One bookmark set at a time can be selected as active.
- Each bookmark set is stored in a separate file.
- You can export your bookmark category (or all categories) into a separate bookmark set file and then
email it to someone.
- If you receive a bookmark set file via email, you can store it to the MyBible directory on SD card and
- You can also merge into your active bookmark set some other bookmark set.
MyBible 1.2g - December 10, 2011
- MyBible Bookmarks activity got a menu item to export selected category of bookmarks into an XML file. This is an
intermediate MyBible version which allows the users having some bookmarks collected prepare to switching to
MyBible 1.3. The 1.3 version will store bookmarks differently and allow bookmarks exchange between MyBible
MyBible 1.2f - December 1, 2011
- Corrected handling of Psalms numbering correspondence between Russian and English Bible translations.
- Provided numbering correspondence between Russian and English Bible translations for the book of Job.
MyBible 1.2e - November 7, 2011
- Can download application updates for itself from the MyBible web site.
MyBible 1.2d - November 5, 2011
- Can download user-selected Bible translations from the MyBible web site.
MyBible 1.2c - October 27, 2011
- Installation is corrected to carry data on Psalms numbering correspondence between Russian and English Bible
MyBible 1.2a - October 4, 2011
- In the reading window the volume control appearance is suppressed on Volume Up/Volume Down. Only Page Up/Page
Down action is kept.
- Reading windows control button width is increased for convenience.
- Trackball and joystick support on navigation screens is improved.
- On the About screen provided a hyperlink to the latest MyBible download.
MyBible 1.2 - September 24, 2011
- Added control, indicator, and options of chapters background retrieving.
- Added support of 2 and 3 subwindows with different translations.
- Provided 3 different ways of Psalms numbering in a Bible translation: Native, Russian, English. This includes
numbering in bookmarks, reading plan, search.
- Provided trackball and joystick support on navigation screens.
- Added an option to hide bookmarks.
MyBible 1.1 - July 29, 2011
- Added a crash email notification to the author. If MyBible will happen to crash, during its next launch it will
suggest the user to send a crash email notification to the MyBible author.
MyBible 1.0 - July 24, 2011
This is the first build made for sharing with others.