The appearance of the MyBible main window and of the entire user interface is defined by an appearance theme currently selected in MyBible.
MyBible has a number of built-in appearance themes, and also a downloadable bundle with several additional light non-contrast appearance themes (inspired by colors of popular apps).
A theme is adjusted for both the day mode and night mode.
There is the “Themes: tuning” menu item. You can simply select a theme from the list of available ones (and see right away how it looks like overall). You can also fine-ture any theme to your liking.
Tuning of an own MyBible appearance theme is a complex and laborious process. First of all you need to examine and understand without a rush how configuring of interface colors is organized in MyBible; also, what other appearance settings a theme carries in addition to colors. There is a MyBible Interface Tuning Guide. As with many other things in MyBible, it may initially seem overwhelming. But please dedicate some attention and patience, and you will see that we have foreseen a lot and tried to make it convenient. After all, we use it ourselves.
Let’s briefly go through several available themes.
This is a “dinosaur” theme. MyBible was made to look approximately like that since its initial publishing at Google Play in 2012. It is a half-light-half-dark theme, which makes MyBible look a bit obsolete, like it was made around the year of 2000. However:
- The main window appearance is rather soft and unobtrusive.
- An “old paper” is used in this theme for the Bible window background, which looks rather appropriate in this particular theme. Please pay attention how the old paper background operates: it scrolls along with the text, and you won’t see texture seams. There is even a possibility of using a “worn edges” effect on the old paper, but it is long turned off by default as making scrolling of the Bible text much less smooth.
- According to our small poll, most MyBible users like this theme, so we keep it as a default theme in MyBible.
MyBible original, day mode
MyBible original, night mode
This is the theme for sake of which the serious overhauling of the MyBible user interface was made for MyBible 5.0.0.
Its key points are:
- Header button separators are hidden, there is no background for regular push buttons – in order for the interface to look minimalistic and lightened.
- The day mode is made consistently light.
- Panels (menu, dropdown lists and such) have a background color which is distinct from the main window background color, so that panel areas are clearly seen.
- A compact Tahoma font is used (this is the only font that automatically comes along with the MyBible installation).
- “Old paper” is not used in order to make the Bible text scrolling maximally smooth.
- Bible window header buttons are reduced in size, so that one or two more of them are visible and thus available directly (without opening not fit buttons list with a vertical fling on a shown button).
- List elements are shown as elevated cards.
Golden compact, day mode
Golden compact, night mode
This theme is destined to be used on devices having E-paper-based screens (shadows of gray).
Since the MyBible team does not use E-paper devices. we do not consider this theme to be well polished. If someone who uses MyBible on an E-paper device takes time to fine-tune this theme and sends it to us, we will consider that and if we like the outcome – will replace this theme in the nearest MyBible release.
E-paper2, day mode
E-paper2, night mode
This theme was inspired by a color combination on a typical pair of jeans.
- this is a light theme
- regular push button do have a background color
- panels are contrast compared to the main window
Jeans, day mode
Jeans, night mode
There are two such themes, Turquoise and Red Bus.
- maximally light in the day mode
- regular push buttons have no background
- panels have no background color, only have a border line
Turquoise, day mode
Turquoise, night mode
Red Bus, day mode
Red Bus, night mode
This theme was configured by one of MyBible user, who has given it to us to share with everybody interested.
Cloud, day mode
Cloud, night mode