What this app is for?
MyBible will help you study the Bible carefully and deeply. It will make the Bible more convenient to read, as you will always have it with you without the need of an Internet connection. Bible translations in more than three hundred languages are available, including the original texts and early translations in ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew, and Aramaic. In MyBible you also have commentaries, biblical dictionaries, thesauruses, daily devotions, and powerful tools to help them all work conveniently together.
How did it start?
The author of MyBible, who previously used a PalmOS-based PDA, created this application because in the entire Android world he could not find any Bible Study application comparable to PalmBiblePlus, which was unsurpassed at its time.
MyBible for iOS was created by repeating the functionality of MyBible for Android on iOS.
- Adjustable display of the Bible text, all chapters of a book (not just one chapter at a time); with or without verse numbering; highlighting of Jesus’ words, night mode
- Two or three Bible windows with different translations; windows that automatically synchronize for the current position, but can also be used independently
- Fast search of the Bible text
- Bible text: convenient paging and scrolling, categorized bookmarks, remarks for the text, comparing of selected verses in different translations
- Ancillary means that can be shown in the Bible text: cross references, hyperlinks to commentaries, Strong’s numbers
- Built-in information on the correspondence of the “Russian” and “standard” numbering of verses in the book of Psalms, Job, and Song of Solomon (this provides for parallel reading of these books in Russian and in other languages)
- Bible commentaries
- Strong’s lexicon that is activated by a double-touch on a word or on a Strong’s number, Strong’s number usage searching – capable of replacing a printed “Symphony”
- Copying of selected verses
- Notes entry window
MyBible has three different icons:
- the original MyBible icon with the cross
- the icon with the Star of David instead of the cross
- the icon with no sign on the book’s cover (for Muslims)
Icon with the Star of David
This icon is used when:
- Hebrew is selected as the device’s system language
- A device is connected to an Israeli mobile network operator
Icon with no sign on the book’s cover
This icon is used when:
- One of the following languages is selected as the device’s system language: Tajic, Kyrgyz, Arabic
- A device is connected to a mobile network operator based in Tajikistan or Kyrgyzstan
Original MyBible icon with the cross
This icon is used in all other cases.