The video shows how we create MyBible modules.
Order of MyBible module creatingThe following describes the way of creating a Bible translation module. Other modules are created in a similar way, but they have a separate set of checking and corrective queries.
- MyBible Modules Format is described but you don't have to create a module database from scratch. Instead you could download an existing module in a needed language.
- We edit modules databases with SQLite Manager, but you could use another SQLite editor.
- Download a module to be used as a basis. The closer a module to what you need, the less changes there are to make.
- Change a module description in the info table.
- Delete the verses table.
- Import a prepared CSV file verses.csv into the verses table.
- Update data types of the verses table fields according to the
MyBible modules format description.
Alternatively, write down the verses table fields datatypes before you delete this table.
- Execute queries to create indexes and perform data checks.
- Correct verses data as needed, according to results of the queries.
- Compact Database.
- Exit application.
- Make sure that the module name is <desired abbreviation>.SQLite3.
- Test the module - place to the /MyBible directory on your device and check from MyBible how it looks and works. If something is wrong, correct the module and test again - until it works fine for you.
- Send the result to .