What is it?
MyBible will help you study the Bible carefully and deeply. It will make the Bible more convenient
to read, as you will always have it with you without the need of an Internet connection. Bible translations in more
than three hundred languages are available, including the original texts and early translations in ancient Greek,
ancient Hebrew, and Aramaic. In MyBible you also have commentaries, biblical dictionaries, thesauruses, daily
devotions, and powerful tools to help them all work conveniently together.
The author of MyBible, who previously used a PalmOS-based PDA, created this application
because in the entire Android world he could not find any Bible Study application
comparable to PalmBiblePlus, which was unsurpassed at its time.
History of Releases
Bible Translations and Other Modules
MyBible provides non-copyrighted (public domain) Bible translations, commentaries, dictionaries,
and daily devotions collected from different sources and converted into the MyBible format.
Denys Dolganenko, the author and the developer of the application (Kharkov, Ukraine).
Accepts inquiries, suggestions, complaints related to the functioning of the MyBible application:
(Russian, English, Ukrainian).
- Oleg Safonov: concepts, critique, specialist on modules (Moscow, Russia).
Accepts complaints and requests related to modules:
Advises on practical usage of MyBible, including reading of the original texts and early translations in
ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew, and Aramaic: (Russian, English, simple Spanish).
All thу MyBible team members believe in the Triune Biblical God (the Creator), consider the Bible text (in its
written languages, Hebrew and Greek) to be the infallible Word of God, and have accepted Jesus Christ as their
Lord and Savior.
The MyBible user interface localization into different languages is created by:
- Anthony Aquino (Brazilia) - Portuguese
- David Delma (Burkina Faso) - French, Mossi
- David Perales (Spain) - Spanish
- Denys Dolganenko (Ukraine) - Russian, English
- Dušan Seberíni (Slovakia) - slovak
- Eutychus Chow (Hong Kong) - Traditional Chinese
- Halyna Khimka (Ukraine) - Ukrainian
- Helmuts Vucens (Latvia) - Latvian
- Isaac Chu (China) - Simplified Chinese
- Joanna Fritzkowska (Poland) - Polish
- Libor Diviš (Czech Republic) - Czech
- Mio Rechesan (Romania) - Romanian
- Saulius Piliponis (Lithuania) - Lithuanian
- Tamás Fábián (Hungary) - Hungarian
- Tharwat Stefanos (Egypt) - Arabic
- Volker Burggräf (Germany) - German
- Yuku Sugianto (Indonesia) - Indonesian
- Adjustable display of the Bible text, all chapters of a book (not just one chapter at a time); grouping of
verses into paragraphs, subheadings, with or without verse numbering; highlighting of Jesus' words, night mode
- Two or three Bible windows with different translations; windows that automatically synchronize for
the current position, but can also be used independently
- Fast and powerful search of the Bible text
- Bible text: convenient paging and scrolling, categorized bookmarks,
color-highlighting and underlining of fragments, remarks for the text, reading places, user-defined cross
references, comparing of selected verses in different translations
- Ancillary means that can be shown in the Bible text: cross references, hyperlinks to commentaries,
footnotes, Strong's numbers
- Built-in information on the correspondence of the "Russian" and "standard" numbering of verses in the book of
Psalms, Job, and Song of Solomon (this provides for parallel reading of these books in Russian and in other
- Bible reading plans: a large selection of pre-defined downloadable reading plans, option to quickly create
a simple reading plan of your own, option to activate several reading plans simultaneously,
convenient and friendly tracking of your progress on active reading plans
- Bible commentaries, comparison of different commentaries for a selected verse
- Showing of dictionary articles on a double-touch of a word in the Bible text, option to search
for a word of interest in dictionaries, Strong's lexicon that is activated by a double-touch on a word
or on a Strong's number, Strong's number usage searching - capable of replacing a printed "Symphony",
option to look up references to a selected verse from dictionary articles - gives input
for a deep understanding of integrity of the Scripture
- Text-to-Speech (TTS): Bible text, commentaries, dictionary articles, daily devotions, and automatic
combining of TTS for the Bible text with TTS for commentaries that are shown as hyperlinks in the Bible text
(this could be handy while you are driving a long distance)
- Copying of selected verses, copying of verses found as a result of search
- Working with favorites: daily devotions, commentary articles, dictionary articles
- Notes entry window with hyperlinks to Bible places that can be created automatically for entered references
to Scriptures (e.g., John 3:16)
- Profiles which completely store an environment, settings, a navigation history, etc.
For instance, this allows you to easily switch between "My readings", "1Cor 13 lesson", or "Today's sermon"
- Extensive set of settings; optional Simplified Mode, for beginners
- Usage tips for the entire main functionality: available from the menu, grouped,
allow searching from a word fragment
- Support of data back-up and synchronization between different devices of the same user,
this includes settings and downloaded modules and assumes usage of external means, (Dropsync is recommended).
MyBible has three different icons:
- the original MyBible icon with the cross
- the icon with the Star of David instead of the cross
- the icon with no sign on the book's cover (for Muslims)
Icon with the Star of David
This icon is used when:
- Hebrew is selected as the device's system language,
- A device is connected to an Israeli mobile network operator
Icon with no sign on the book's cover
This icon is used when:
- One of the following languages is selected as the device's system language: Tajik, Kyrgyz, Arabic,
- A device is connected to a mobile network operator based in Tajikistan or Kyrgyzstan
Original MyBible icon with the cross
This icon is used in all other cases.